2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I have the chevy hard tri fold with vinyl top on both of my trucks. No leaks, fit and finish is great. It locks when the tail gate is locked. I keep aero space 303 protectant on the vinyl. $770 installed by the dealer when I bought the trucks. They have a 3 year/36,000 miles warranty just like the truck does and the dealer takes care of everything. In my opinion the chevy cover seems to go with the outlines of the truck better than some after markets I have seen. Just my opinion though. I like the covers.

I spent the 700+ on the Chevy hard tri-fold and as stated earlier, I wished I would have looked around. Yes it is covered in vinyl, it bugs the sh!t out of me when I'm driving and can see the vinyl flapping around. Yes, it is water proof and does quite well in that area.

My comment to OP was to look around and see what's available. I wished I would have.

Mike

• Like 1

Actually my extang has a lifetime warranty. It is the canvas trifold cover not the hard cover and I got it for around $400 off Amazon. I know the hard covers are more expensive and that combined with fact that I didn't like the looks of most hard covers turned me away them. But I can guarantee you that you can find better covers with same or better warranty for less money the GM factory accessory cover.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by BringTheRain403

Got mine through my dealer, its a GM product with Chevy logo on it. Its velcro and rolls up very easy. So far its worked great, looks nice and cost around $575 installed. Would put a picture on but new to the forum and not sure how to attach! lol

I have the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite which I got through the dealer.

I originally had a bak flip fibermax which was a great cover and never leaked except for a little water around the tailgate. My truck was replaced from a 2013 to a 2014 so chevy replaced the cover as well.

I like the fold a cover much better. Pouring rain yesterday my truck was sitting all day and there was only one spot of water about the size of a dime inside near a tri fold panel. The cover is lite locks and you can open it from the back or from the cab. It folds up to the front of the bed leaving most of the bed open and comes completely off with two 4 quick bolts.

They have a few videos on you tube to check out.

• Like 1

I picked up a undercover flex last week. Pretty happy w/ it so far. Been too stinkin cold to do a water tightness test but the foling aspect works well and the thing seems very secure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Bakflip that's less than 2 years old and the fiberglass panels are looking terrible. The fiberglass fibers are sticking up through the failed gel coat across the entire top. I contacted Lauren at Bak Industries and their solution is to apply a liquid black trim restoring product. I took the truck to a local fiberglass expert and he confirmed that the gel coat has failed allowing the fiberglass to lift up and reflect light in an unsightly way. If this is the way that Bak stands behind their product then I would look elsewhere.

post-71240-0-41949700-1387294530_thumb.jpg

post-71240-0-65365000-1387294544_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Bakflip that's less than 2 years old and the fiberglass panels are looking terrible. The fiberglass fibers are sticking up through the failed gel coat across the entire top. I contacted Lauren at Bak Industries and their solution is to apply a liquid black trim restoring product. I took the truck to a local fiberglass expert and he confirmed that the gel coat has failed allowing the fiberglass to lift up and reflect light in an unsightly way. If this is the way that Bak stands behind their product then I would look elsewhere.

BAK sucks big time, so does their customer service. I've had 2 of the G2 covers on my Tacoma in the past 6 years. The first one replaced under warranty which was a pain. I had to contact the owner Julian directly to get anything done. My latest one is showing cracks in the Fiberglass reinforced polymer and the metal pieces are all rusted. My next cover will either be an Extang or a Undercover flex.

Check out truckaddons.com as they have great prices. If you call up and ask for Scott, he'll give you an even better price and they'll beat any advertised price, plus great customer service.

I'm gonna go with tonno pro from jegs or summit..245 shipped to my door..10 yr warranty..If I go hard cover it's like 450..I have a racer discount do I bit cheaper than prices advertised...still not sure if hard cover is worth double the price

• Like 1

Well as it turns out my flex leaks bad in the rain, looks like a defetive seal near the bulkhead hopefully when I call the retailer on monday they will take care of me. Thinking of trying to return it for a undercover classic.