Dash info screen randomly resets all settings

Update for everyone. I added a new topic, but I'll put it here too.

I have had to bring my denali in 4 times in the last 6 months for various things. Each time, I have them log my complaint about the cluster resetting issue.

This time, there was a software update to fix bugs. No specific mention of the resetting, but it did include the denali.

Before the software update, I was losing my settings at least every 4 days. It has now been 13 days since the update and i have not had a single reset.

It is still too early to confirm that the problem is gone, but it is promising. I'll post updates....

Call your dealers and give it a whirl! Good luck. :fingersx:

AWESOME NEWS!!! Please post back in a couple of weeks and let us know if it has happened again. I'm due for an oil change in about 1-2k miles and am waiting to let the recalls build up - LOL!. I was hoping they'd come up with a fix soon. This still happens several times a week for me too.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you happen to know what TSB or recall they performed that fixed your cluster? Was there a number or something? I want to be able to give them specifics of the fix if they can't find anything.

Thanks.

Do you happen to know what TSB or recall they performed that fixed your cluster? Was there a number or something? I want to be able to give them specifics of the fix if they can't find anything.

Thanks.

I just spoke to the service department to get the actual code for you.

Instrument Cluster Reprogram, OP code # 1031660

Hope that helps!!

Still going strong with no resets.

• 2 months later...

I just spoke to the service department to get the actual code for you.

Instrument Cluster Reprogram, OP code # 1031660

Hope that helps!!

Still going strong with no resets.

Thanks for getting me the number. I showed this post to my tech when I went in for service two weeks ago and he said that number meant nothing from what he could tell. Since I've been in 3-4 times for the same issue, he finally called a GM engineer to ask about the problem. The GM engineer said he never heard of the issue. UGH. He advised the tech to load a new, unreleased HMI update for our trucks to see if there was any improvement. It's been almost two weeks and I think the problem has gotten worse for me. I was resetting about once a week, and now it's happening 2-3 times a week.

I'm also experiencing puddles of water on my floorboard after yesterday's downpour, so I'm bringing it in again this Friday. I'm going to push for another call to the engineer and for something to be done. They think it's HMI module related and not cluster related, so I'm going to ask for a new HMI module.

When was your truck built? I find it interesting that you got a cluster reprogram and I got an HMI update.

When was your truck built? I find it interesting that you got a cluster reprogram and I got an HMI update.

Sorry for the delay. My build was the week of 11/11/13. I don't have the exact date.

The settings have still not completely reset. It is still on the "Technology" setting. But, at some point in the last month, it has reset the "best 25 miles". I don't know when, because I don't leave it on that screen. That is the only thing that has reset as far as I can tell. At least it isn't going back to the standard layout though.

Sorry to hear about your truck. I have no idea why your dealer can't find the update that I was given. That was the only reference that I could get from them with regard to the update.

Other than some rattles, mine has not had any other significant problems. Hopefully it stays that way....

• 5 months later...

After several calls to GMC Customer Service, they finally found a PI that indirectly addresses my issue. It's PI-1318A and is applicable to Denali and Corvette Instrument Clusters. I had mine reprogrammed almost two weeks ago and haven't had a reset since. I was having multiple a week, so it's looking promising so far.

Archived