Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Does anyone have any good leads on AMP plug n play running boards.  Id love a set of these, but at $1500, there is no way in hell I'm going to bite that bullet. 

Any vendors that have these for a good price?  Do they ever go on sale?  I see at some point AMP was doing a rebate on them, but that doesn't appear to be the case right now.

If anyone is looking for a set of RB10 running boards, I just got brand new ones for a double cab due to warranty and ended up trading the truck in. So I have a brand new set with brackets in Texas. Honestly, they're fantastic running boards.

Edited by Thatoneguyb

1 hour ago, Thatoneguyb said:

If anyone is looking for a set of RB10 running boards, I just got brand new ones for a double cab due to warranty and ended up trading the truck in. So I have a brand new set with brackets in Texas. Honestly, they're fantastic running boards.

Are they the 2 step version or single step?

Do you have pics 

crap, i just noticed you stated double cab... :( since i lifted the truck, im looking for the 2 step version to make it a little easier to get in and out for my short friends and family.

Since im here, figured id ask, there was a set of RB boards, i think it was that fit snug up under the cab, but then had a smaller step under it like this:

Im not sold on this particular style, but i am looking for suggestions on a good set of boards that will help with a lifted truck

image.png.4872495a5648532b9c8a15fd7edf5faa.png

if anyone can offer other options that would be great, i cant find the set i had found and liked that ran around $400 +/-

Since im here, figured id ask, there was a set of RB boards, i think it was that fit snug up under the cab, but then had a smaller step under it like this:
Im not sold on this particular style, but i am looking for suggestions on a good set of boards that will help with a lifted truck

image.png.4872495a5648532b9c8a15fd7edf5faa.png

if anyone can offer other options that would be great, i cant find the set i had found and liked that ran around $400 +/-

ICI Magnum RT Steps are kinda similar to that, got mine for around $300, cab length.

1a3b7b13cd7d83e605b4f61aabb13cae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like those, but that looks like just 1 step right? i mean if you were climbing stairs, that would be just 1 to climb, I had found one set of boards, and now i wish i would have saved the link or even the name, but it was 2 steps to get in, so you had a similar step like yours, but then above that you had a full cab length step so if anyone needed 2 steps, they could and not have to do one huge step. If i didnt have the lift, i would go with those or something similar.. Like the truck.. :) 

On 4/4/2018 at 7:26 AM, 1940ModelB said:

Does anyone have any good leads on AMP plug n play running boards.  Id love a set of these, but at $1500, there is no way in hell I'm going to bite that bullet. 

Any vendors that have these for a good price?  Do they ever go on sale?  I see at some point AMP was doing a rebate on them, but that doesn't appear to be the case right now.

I got mine installed today in South Florida for $1400. Dealer did it through a local shop. I asked the shop what it would cost to go direct to them and they told me $1900. Didn't make sense to me.

Got rid of the ugly purple LED pods that the AMP boards game with. Can't believe they supply them with such ugle lights.

Bought these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073ZGNDTC?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

They were the only LED strips I could find with the 3M VHB adhesive tape. I like how they were enclosed inside a black rubber strip, so you can't see the LEDs unless you bend down and look under. They are extremely bright; brighter than what I wanted.

Before:

IMG_20180413_195055.thumb.jpg.01c8b70c0a07ae08523c0fb49037af34.jpg

After:

IMG_20180419_204633.thumb.jpg.ce484866ec532ef7e19c0cd7c98c1baa.jpg

Edited by ChristopherDB
  • Like 1