Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

I purchased mine Amp-Research running boards from Auto Anything paid $1149 less 10% plus free shipping. I believe they drop13" from the bottom of the door sill. Just had them installed for about $500 with a relay switch to power them on and off. There normally in the off position because I don't need to use them as of now my wife is very happy with them. As times sets in with my rheumatoid arthritis getting worse, I'll end up using the running boards on more day to day. They are a well-built product and made here in the states and worth every dollar!

I took my OEM's off today. That was easy enough... I think I'll install these myself. I'm so picky I'll end up redoing it if i don't. I just can't decide if i'm going to install a up down switch. I am considering putting a three stop switch that will allow me to set them down, normal, or off.

What a great deal! Thank you KRC!!!

• Like 1

I took my OEM's off today. That was easy enough... I think I'll install these myself. I'm so picky I'll end up redoing it if i don't. I just can't decide if i'm going to install a up down switch. I am considering putting a three stop switch that will allow me to set them down, normal, or off.

What a great deal! Thank you KRC!!!

Up down switch for? Open the door. :rolleyes:

Up down switch for? Open the door. :rolleyes:

I'd like to manually drop them for washing and drying etc.... If you use the manual override where you force it down while closing the door they cycle every time a door is open or closed. Its annoying and they get dirty and wet every cycle so you need them down for a while. I always wash my door jams and tend to open and close the door a bunch during a detail.

Glad to see that they arrived!!

Make sure you post some pictures of the install. I plan to tackle these myself as well unless i can find a reliable shop to do it on the cheap. I don't plan on forking over $300-$500 for it though. Im pretty mechanically inclined and can solder pretty well, so if worst comes to worst i will do the work myself.

I just logged in to the site and it shows them in route, but they're in Tennessee. Scheduled delivery is slated for Friday by end of day. Looks like ill have something to do this weekend :fingersx:

I've been looking for an install video, found several on you tube. Doesn't look that hard other then having to remove the door panel. Best one I found so far

Edited by mzodarg

I'd like to manually drop them for washing and drying etc.... If you use the manual override where you force it down while closing the door they cycle every time a door is open or closed. Its annoying and they get dirty and wet every cycle so you need them down for a while. I always wash my door jams and tend to open and close the door a bunch during a detail.

I did a quick search and came across this: http://picclick.com/16mm-Red-circle-led-momentary-black-push-button-390724678203.html

Its not a 3 way switch, but it does have a red LED ring to match the interior (Not sure if you pan to mount in visible area)

Theoretically you could just tie this into the power wire running to the steps to cut off or allow power to the steps. I would think that if you were going to detail your vehicle you could open the door so that the steps drop and then push the button on the switch to kill the power to them and they would stay down allowing you to finish your detail job.

This is a 12v switch, which i assume is what the steps require power wise. Im sure they make larger capacity switches if they require more power or the wire gauge is lager than the switch prongs.

EDIT: Link to AMP Install Guide: http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

Edited by Tim99GT
  • Like 2

Had my BakFlip G2 installed this afternoon and it may have worked in my favor doing local small town business. I realized I could have ordered it for about $90 less than I paid and installed it myself but the business owner confirmed he would charge $225 to install the Amp steps. He said that the new GM platforms were an easier install over the Dodge and he came across being very knowledgable about the installation process.

I'm looking for some black 4" steps for double cab if anyone pulls them off. Also found this on eBay. Chrome 6" take offs from dealer for 320 shipped.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=231127083896

EDIT: I searched 2014 and these showed up. But it says there for a different year. I compared part numbers for the '14's and they don't match.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Edited by anthony2558

Had my BakFlip G2 installed this afternoon and it may have worked in my favor doing local small town business. I realized I could have ordered it for about $90 less than I paid and installed it myself but the business owner confirmed he would charge $225 to install the Amp steps. He said that the new GM platforms were an easier install over the Dodge and he came across being very knowledgable about the installation process.

$225 seams reasonable. I'm going to check with my friend who works at a dealership and see if he can help me. I'd rather pay him outright then him only getting a percentage of the install fee. He's done power steps before so hopefully this is similar.

Mike

@swazimoto...200 would be a good deal

@mzodarg that will be great

I should get mine today..and tgen seeing if my dealer will take in my current steps to offset the install fees.

JC

Dropped her off this morning. I am anxiously waiting for the call that she is done.

:driving:

well laddi dah!!!!!!!!! Pics when you get her back. I took my boards off yesterday, I think it looks better already.

noboards_zps19371a04.jpg

• Like 1

Got them installed, I couldn't be happier with the work. They are perfectly level across the truck. I am surprised how quiet they are too. All panels are secure and you'd never know the carnage they just went through! I am also happy to report that these actually sit nestled against the truck and are very protected. The install took a certified professional (whom was as anal as me) 5 1/2 hours of dedicated install time. He said the last years models took 3 hours for reference and he's done 2014's regular cab in 3 1/2 hours. It would be very unlikely to hit these when off roading with how they are tucked up. It is really hard to get pictures. It is -15 out so I had to take them in the garage. I'll take some better ones tomorrow at the station if we don't go fishing.

For now these two will have to do.

post-125178-0-61673700-1388790941_thumb.jpg

post-125178-0-79363100-1388790942_thumb.jpg

• Like 1