Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Hoosier,

What was your total cost? I went to their site and mounting hardware is additional but I couldn't find that cost without going thru checkout. I assume you (we) only have three mounting brackets on our double cabs?

I got them from Summit Racing Equipment with the brackets for $359.94 total. DeeZee had a 10% rebate thru the end of the year so I'll be getting $35.99 back. They use three brackets on the double and crew cab.

Part numbers are:

Boards DZ16321

Brackets DZ16317

Edited by HoosierZ

I am looking at getting the amp steps, I have a 6" lift with 35" tires. Are the normal amp steps ok with a lifted truck or would it be better to get the amp steps that come down a couple more inches? I have no problems getting into but want to make it easier for my friends and family.

I am looking at getting the amp steps, I have a 6" lift with 35" tires. Are the normal amp steps ok with a lifted truck or would it be better to get the amp steps that come down a couple more inches? I have no problems getting into but want to make it easier for my friends and family.

I'm running the normal AMP steps with a BDS 4" and 35's and the steps come down plenty for ease of access. They come down significantly further than typical fixed steps in a lot of cases. I think you'll be just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkec8fa1d1281f84bb05b62b48bf3b829a.jpg

Edited by Abearclaw
  • Like 1

I'm at a similar stance and the normal amp steps are more than sufficient in my opinion.

post-155777-0-35943900-1484243311_thumb.jpg

Edited by BaNeM

I'm running the normal AMP steps with a BDS 4" and 35's and the steps come down plenty for ease of access. They come down significantly further than typical fixed steps in a lot of cases. I think you'll be just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkec8fa1d1281f84bb05b62b48bf3b829a.jpg

I'm at a similar stance and the normal amp steps are more than sufficient in my opinion.

Thanks guys for the input that helps a bunch. That will save me a couple hundred from buying the lower ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Ionic Gladiator Brite today. Purchased from ebay as new open box. Arrived looking brand new. Wanted a full length running board with grip along the entire length. These were $140 shipped which included the full hardware and all. Comes with chrome and black end caps. I preferred the black which is good because one of the chrome was damaged. Otherwise very happy for the price. IMG_20170122_153024_zpsc1dkoiko.jpg

Just noticed that my RB10's that I got from CARID.com just started to lift in a couple spots. I thought the coating problem was fixed. Maybe I got old stock. They have been on for maybe 4-5 months.

Here are my NFABS After 2.5 years, not even 10k miles on truck. In NJ.... Not much exposure to snow/salt to say the least. (these pics were taken in July - they are worse now.)

Looking at other options... thanks for the recommendations in this thread.

I had a pair of RBP steps just like this (relabeled NFabs) and had the exact same issue. Stated that they had a three year finish warranty and mine had rust on the welds in less than six months and my truck was garaged and hardly used. Contacted RBP and was ignored. Rusted through in less than three years, poor $500 investment but that first 6 months they looked great. Anyone make a stainless nerf step powdercoated black?

I recently installed a set of 3 step Nerf Bars from Ranch Hand. Love the look, easy install, and decently priced. They came powder coated black from the factory. Perhaps having them sprayed with Line-X will preserve them for the life of the truck. Thinking about it, but haven't decided on that yet.

f942ce438b211ab95ed32abc3fe0c6f8.jpgdc60260cc7d1190d75aba27956057040.jpg7e12e2b344cc343f5bc6218404ce1d4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Crazy_Josh

Installed Ionic Gladiator Brite today. Purchased from ebay as new open box. Arrived looking brand new. Wanted a full length running board with grip along the entire length. These were $140 shipped which included the full hardware and all. Comes with chrome and black end caps. I preferred the black which is good because one of the chrome was damaged. Otherwise very happy for the price. IMG_20170122_153024_zpsc1dkoiko.jpg

Looks good, did you have the factory steps and if so, how do these compare to those in your opinion?