Assist Steps / Running Boards / Nerf Bars

Ordered mine over the weekend. For the price, I figured it was worth a shot - just hope they're more functional than the n-fabs currently on my truck.

The step didn't stick out far enough for me to get my foot up there.

I ended up going with the Magnum RT steps for extra rocker panel protection and an actual step.

The step didn't stick out far enough for me to get my foot up there.

I ended up going with the Magnum RT steps for extra rocker panel protection and an actual step.

Sheet! That's not good. Strange... I saw a few pics where it shows about 5 inches of width for stepping on the Rock Armor Steps??? Those RTs have always been high on my list. If I had to do it all over again, I think I should have gone with the RB10 and then put on the add-on hoops to accommodate the wife and kids. Oh well - maybe I'll get it right on the next truck.

Edited by pcruis1

. Thought I'd include a pic.....you know what they say about pics, haha

I'm curious as well about the warranty coverage, mine are all corroded and staring to pit underneath was well. Just a matter of time before they start to creep up the sides !

I'm hose them after every storm ( in CT)

30465e0e4dabf310055615c5feb6e719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious as well about the warranty coverage, mine are all corroded and staring to pit underneath was well. Just a matter of time before they start to creep up the sides !

I'm hose them after every storm ( in CT) 30465e0e4dabf310055615c5feb6e719.jpg

Just got back from the dealer and got the service writer to start a warranty claim for the same issue and it's covered under warranty. He says it's common on 2016 models.....

• Like 1

Just got back from the dealer and got the service writer to start a warranty claim for the same issue and it's covered under warranty. He says it's common on 2016 models.....

when you get the new one's have them Line-x .

when you get the new one's have them Line-x .

Actually I may end up taking them off but that's probably a good idea. I asked if I could choose the black version and pay the difference if there was any but I got a pretty quick no.

I'm hose them after every storm ( in CT)

I had the chrome GM ones on my 2015; same issue. I don't think you'll get away from this issue unless you Line-X them. I ended up selling mine on Craig's List for a set of powder coated ones... Hopefully they don't run into the same issue. On the plus side, at least the underside of your running boards got this damage and not the bottom of your rocker panels.

I installed a set of N-Fab Cab Length Nerf Step Bars in the textured black finish (part #: C1475CC-TX) on my 2015 Silverado Crew Cab. I replaced the factory running boards, so all the mounting locations/clips were already in place. Taking my time it took about 1 1/2 hours to remove the old running boards and installing the N-Fabs.

34643160102_48b4c3f94a_c.jpg2015SilveradoSteps-2 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

34643158942_764b6982a0_c.jpg2015SilveradoStepsCover-2 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

Edited by MacA
  • Like 1

Looks good. I wish i would have gone with amp steps. My nfab ones have almost killed me by slipping lol

This is my second set, I had the same ones for several years on my previous '07 Silverado (see pic below). I don't remember ever slipping. What type shoes (soles) do you wear?

HeloWheels4.jpg

Think I'm going to be ordering these soon. Still like these? Holding up well?

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Yea I still like them and they still look brand new. The kids and wife get the most use out of them.

This is my second set, I had the same ones for several years on my previous '07 Silverado (see pic below). I don't remember ever slipping. What type shoes (soles) do you wear?

HeloWheels4.jpg

I think he mentioned wearing steel baseball cleats and gold spikes.

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Yea I still like them and they still look brand new. The kids and wife get the most use out of them.

I installed mine (star armor steps) last night to replace the n-fabs. I think they give my truck more protection, and a better surface for stepping in and out of the vehicle. Plus, should be a lot easier to clean the roof of my truck now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions for a black wheel to wheel application on a 2015 crew cab standard bed? Preferably one that has a continuous step from front to rear so that you could put your foot anywhere

Had all but decided on n-fabs but we recently ran into another GM owner who had them and I had the mrs try them out. Getting in was fine but getting out the step just really needed to be about 10" further back with the way she exits. She said it felt awkward to exit and that she would just slide out in leu of using the steps which is exaclty what I was trying to avoid I'm trying to keep the edge of the seat leather in one piece so back to the drawing board...