Center console swap?

27 minutes ago, Hogtiming said:

You'll have a bare spot in the middle floor board where the carpeting is not there. Easily covered with a weathertech floor mat. You'll also need the ashtray piece of the dash. Couple on here have done it, just go back a couple pages.

Shameless plug: I have a black leather jump seat available if you're interested and black ashtray piece. No scratches or marks. Roughly one month old. PM if interested

You can also order the front half of carpeting from the dealer for around $200 (less if you know someone). Just make sure they don’t use your ViN or you’ll get another one with a bog hole in it. It pretty simple since you’ll have almost everything already removed. 

I’ve gone from console to jump seat before, looking to do it again if anyone has a Dune (tan) jump seat they want to trade with me. 

On 10/28/2017 at 6:03 AM, pgamboa said:

This is correct.  This is the 16-Way X314 Connector and USB.  This is what feeds the jump seat.  What most have done is:

Remove the jump seat harness completely.  This will give you the mate connection to the X314 and USB Connections.  Reuse what can be reused from the jump seat harness into the console.  This includes the USB cable.  The 6-pin connection is what feeds the USB Hub.  This 6-pin has left/right audio signals for the 3.5" Aux port, commons, power and ground.  There is also an Aux detection signal there as well.  You should have enough connections from the Jump Seat harness to get (2) - 12V lighter plugs hot...  Again, this is by reusing the jump seat harness.  For the USB Hub, you can either get the inside console hub OR the front HUB.  You can get them all working but this requires some new USB cables if you want to get them all working (including the Glove box USB).

I am a few days of completing a Plug and Play harness for this.  So let me know where you at with this and if you are wanting to get this done this weekend.

The HMI has (2) available USB Ports.  A Green port (feeds the glove box USB) and a Black port.  The Black port is what is routed to under the passenger seat.  The USB hubs takes a Grey USB port cable.  If you have a 16/17 console, the front USB Hub should have 2 ports in the back.  This is an input and an output.  Input takes a grey cable, output takes a black cable.  

Thanks for the info, do you know if this ports are able to play music directly from USB memory stick? or they are only cell phone charging ports?

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 6:46 PM, Lambert999 said:

may sound a little crazy to you guys but would it be possible to swap out the center console for a jump seat? I have an ltz and would like to take out the center console and put in a jump seat but wasn't sure what all is left exposed under the center console once you take it out.

where are you located? i may be interested in trading you

Thanks for the info, do you know if this ports are able to play music directly from USB memory stick? or they are only cell phone charging ports?

Should be able to play music directly from USB. I tested playing music directly from USB before I start and Imagine it would be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Should be able to play music directly from USB. I tested playing music directly from USB before I start and Imagine it would be the same.

Thanks a lot pgamboa for your great support!!!!!

Would like to ask you if you know if it is possible to update HMI software (Firmware) in order to load more apps, like projection, pandora, etc.? Today in the morning they appeared (Pandora) when start my car and dissapeared, that is strange, but happened, what can I do to install them?

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

Would like to ask you if you know if it is possible to update HMI software (Firmware) in order to load more apps, like projection, pandora, etc.? Today in the morning they appeared (Pandora) when start my car and dissapeared, that is strange, but happened, what can I do to install them?
Thanks again!!!

Thanks! I’ve got no knowledge of HMI programming or any other module/cluster/BCM Programming though.

I just look for missing wires/circuits and fill in the blanks. LOL!

7 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks! I’ve got no knowledge of HMI programming or any other module/cluster/BCM Programming though.

I will!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Thanks again!!!

There’s really no cheap way doing this. The HMI is vin locked and you have to have the io6 HMI unlocked to your vin. There’s a few guys doing it, but be prepared to dish out $500+  for it. 

Thanks cbrsilv15 for the reply,

My system is working and is vin unlocked, but can't see apps that I wanted, that is why I have asked the update questions?

BajaKing

Thanks again!!!

**UPDATE**

Plug and Play Harness is complete!

Will be doing some final testing today and will have all the disclosures on it’s use, compatibility and availability.

495324ffc23d3074eda13433da224013.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

**UPDATE**

Will be doing some final testing today and will have all the disclosures on it’s use, compatibility and availability.

Awesome!  Have a center console sitting in the basement waiting for this.  

**UPDATE**

Mine is still waiting in garage as well. Don't believe I have a sub in glove box tho

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk