fa9a3608442c3c99ec596752a796bfad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering - why do people not like the bench seat?  It seems like it has most of the functionality of the console other than the fact that the box isn't as deep, but there's still a locking space under the center seat.  Seems like you're just missing out on an extra seat, plus the ladies like the bench seat.

For starters, put some change in the holder on the lid. Or pens/pencils. Now try to open it up to get something out. Not so good. Or try to put a can of pop in a can cooler in those small cup holders. Better yet try a medium or large cup of coffee or soda from McD's. There may be 3 but they are too small. As for the ladies,  I'm 65  and married so that ain't much of an issue.

Yep. When you have the harness out, inspect the existing 6-pin that plugs into the USB Hub.

Pin 6 (power) and pin 4 (ground) is the Splice to power up the other Hub. This, along with a USB cable feed from the HMI is all you should need to get a hub working.

Ok... So what's your schedule like so you can install mine?!? I'm willing to drive up and compensate you for your time!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok... So what's your schedule like so you can install mine?!? I'm willing to drive up and compensate you for your time!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PM me.

Hi all,  I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I am looking at a new 2017 or 2018 truck, but would like the front bench seat.  Most inventory I see has front buckets.  I know I would need the jump seat, but what other dash pieces would I need to make this work?  

I did this swap on a 2002 and it wasn't difficult.  These newer trucks have more electronics and I'm not sure what all I would need.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Bison said:

Hi all,  I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I am looking at a new 2017 or 2018 truck, but would like the front bench seat.  Most inventory I see has front buckets.  I know I would need the jump seat, but what other dash pieces would I need to make this work?  

I did this swap on a 2002 and it wasn't difficult.  These newer trucks have more electronics and I'm not sure what all I would need.

Thanks.

I've done this swap 3 times now. Besides the actual jump seat, you'll need:

- The front half of the floor carpet 

- Dash compartment 23177893 (that number is for cocoa)

- 3 screws that hold the dash compartment 11609456

- Trim pieces to cover the metal brace under the dash 22817747 & 22817748

- Lower insulator 20944557

- 110 volt outlet can be taken out of the console and used in the dash compartment.

Also, you'll have to remove the wiring from the console and do some splicing and connecting to the jump seat.