What exactly was the xfe

it is 2wd has an aluminum engine, aluminum front a arms, soft cover over the bed, lowered suspension (no blocks out back and lower in the front too), the 3.08 gears. I have a 2010 Xfe, and put it up for sale last year, and it was the only one in the country for sale. the dealers I went to trade it in at said that they didn't have any reference on what to give me for it.

This one has the badge and 3.08's but different after the fact tires and no bed cover.... Thanks... He's got a Jeep so he was looking for a 2wd truck to drive around in and keep the jeep for 4x4, this is a newer truck at a nice price but I think it's had body work... we'll see

I can't image getting an xfe would even be worth it for the little gain in mpg.. My 4x4 ltz 1500 with 308 gets 20 highway

I get 21-22 for overall mixed driving, I have gotten 24mpg on a few tanks when I was driving it for milage only. I didn't get this truck because of the Xfe or it being red, I got it because I wanted 2wd, and it was hard to find a 2010 2wd leftover when I got it. That being said, with the discounts and stuff, I got it for less that any similar 4wd and got a couple extra MPGs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What a horrible idea-try to get a truck with the wind resistance of a refrigerator weighing 2 tons to try to get decent mpg.

Yea-right. No wonder they didn't last.

If you want fuel economy, get a 2wd with a V6 in it. Or better yet just get a car. That's why I have both a truck and a car. I don't care that the truck gets maybe 14 mpg(which is actually pretty good for an older higher mileage 5.3 Z71), the car gets double that(maybe even a little more) and that's what I drive when I take a longer trip and don't need to use a truck to haul or tow anything. I couldn't imagine only owning one vehicle anyway. If one is in the shop, I've always got another reliable vehicle to drive instead of having to borrow a vehicle or bum a ride from someone else. Or in worst case, one gets wrecked and I have to drive the other while waiting for it to get fixed. Those dumb deer don't always yield right of way, I've managed to hit 2 in the last 10 years but many other near misses.

• 2 weeks later...

The Silverado XFE was a marketing play on the Cobalt and Pontiac G5 XFEs that actually gave great gas miliage. I owned two of the little buggers, and its common for them to get close to 50 MPG on the freeway.

When you put the same nameplate on a truck- not so much.

And that's why it didn't last.

The Silverado XFE was a marketing play on the Cobalt and Pontiac G5 XFEs that actually gave great gas miliage. I owned two of the little buggers, and its common for them to get close to 50 MPG on the freeway.

When you put the same nameplate on a truck- not so much.

And that's why it didn't last.

That's what I said-economy and a 2 - 1/2 ton truck is a joke-at best!

Archived