VIN Decoder & RPO Codes

As an update, I used the chat option on the GMC website and requested a build sheet for my 2016 Sierra and they emailed it to me with no problem.

I did the same, had the build sheet emailed to me in 10 minutes. Just in time as I see my old girls 4th birthday is coming on September 26! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I went to gmc.com, open a chat, gave them my vin and asked for a build sheet. They gave me this list. It has the RPO codes as well as what they mean. Seems like an easy way to get the definitions of any you dont have. 

image.png.996d4d146ba4f4df4407453bd49bc79e.png

On 4/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, Zoomie said:

Old post but I thought I'd add my experience

I sent an email to [email protected] and put "2018 Sierra 4x4 build sheet request (put vin number here)" in the subject. You get a reply within three business hours with a nice PDF of your build sheet. All codes listed and descriptions beside the ones installed on your truck.

I just did this for my new to me 2017. Worked like a charm! Thanks.

• 2 months later...

QR Code on Certification Label Offers More RPO Codes

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=9801

Beginning with the 2018 model year, a QR code was added to the Certification label (Fig. 3) on all Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC models. The new QR code includes the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), RPO codes and other information that identify the content of the vehicle. In previous model years, the Service Parts Identification (SPID) label, often located in the trunk or glovebox of a vehicle, included this information.

You can't take an RPO code list from 2004 and apply it to a 2014 model.  The 2004 was current in 2004 and codes often change from year to year and model to model not to mention have a completely difference meaning from car to truck and GM division to GM division.    For instance,  everyone sees G80 on a list as Limited Slip Differential but in trucks and SUV's it means Locking Rear Differential.    

Also, there are often RPO's that cannot be deciphered as they are really not options but components used in assembly of the vehicle.  Keep in mind that the usage of that SPID label is "Service Parts Identification".    

I have seen list published on the web that are 30 yrs old.  Make sure the reference you use covers the year vehicle you have. 

Edited by elcamino

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, Zoomie said:

I sent an email to [email protected] and put "2018 Sierra 4x4 build sheet request (put vin number here)" in the subject. You get a reply within three business hours with a nice PDF of your build sheet. All codes listed and descriptions beside the ones installed on your truck.

Been trying various techniques to get my build sheet.  First tried the PM to the GM rep here.  

Sent email exactly like Zoomie did last night at work.  Got my 4 page PDF early this morning.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 5:00 AM, Retired Bob said:

QR Code on Certification Label Offers More RPO Codes

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=9801

Beginning with the 2018 model year, a QR code was added to the Certification label (Fig. 3) on all Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC models. The new QR code includes the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), RPO codes and other information that identify the content of the vehicle. In previous model years, the Service Parts Identification (SPID) label, often located in the trunk or glovebox of a vehicle, included this information.

Yea I noticed that "attempt" as well.   Here is the difference between the two on my truck.  LOL  

QR Code read and I get this....

3GTU2NEJ6JGxxxxx,2018,TK15543,06,18,06,WDJK0P, AN3 AXK AY0 CJ2 C5Z DL3 EF7 E63 FHO GAZ H3A IO6 I18 JD9 L86 MAH MSL M5U NP5 NTB NZP RC4 RC7 RUF UDD UQA U2K V8D WMJ Z71 Z88 4DP 4SA 6F1 7FZ 8X2 9X2,8624,,,,

Real build sheet 

Option Codes

*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

1SZ - OPTION PACKAGE DISCOUNT

4DP - INTERIOR TRIM

4SA - 4SA PACKAGE

6F1 - COMPONENT

7FZ - COMPONENT SUSPENSION

8X2 - COMPONENT

9X2 - COMPONENT

A31 - POWER WINDOWS, DRIVER EXPRESS

A45 - DRIVER SEAT, MEMORY ADJUST

A48 - POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW

A68 - SEAT 60/40 REAR FOLDING BENCH

A91 - REMOTE LOCKING TAILGATE

AKO - GLASS, DEEP-TINTED

AL0 - AIRBAG SENSING SYSTEM, PASSENGER

AN3 - SEATS, FRONT FULL FEATURE LEATHER APPOINTED BUCKETS CENTER CONSOLE, FLOOR W/ USB PORTS AND WIRELESS CHARGING

AQQ - REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

AU3 - POWER DOOR LOCKS

AXK - VEH TYPE - TRUCK

AY0 - AIRBAGS: DRIVER & RT. FRONT PASS - FRONT/SIDE-IMPACT, OUTBOARD FRT & REAR SEAT -SIDE HEAD CURTAIN

B0J - GM PRODUCTION WEEK

B1J - WHEELHOUSE LINERS, REAR

B30 - COLOR KEYED CARPET

B58 - FRT & CTR CARPETED FLOOR MATS

B85 - BODY SIDE MOLDING, CHROME

BTV - REMOTE VEHICLE START

BVQ - 6" CHROME ASSIST STEPS

BWN - CORNERSTEP, REAR BUMPER

C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER

C5Z - GVW RATING - 7,200 LBS

CGN - SPRAY-ON BEDLINER

CJ2 - AIR CONDITIONING, DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL

CTD - MOVABLE UPPER TIE DOWNS (4)

D07 - CENTER CONSOLE, FLOOR

DD8 - INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO DIMMING

DH6 - VISORS, DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER, LIGHTED

DL3 - POWER HEATED OUTSIDE MIRROR, ADJUSTABLE W/ TURN SIGNAL

DNS - EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER INSTALLED

DP9 - MIRROR CAPS, CHROME

E20 - DOOR HANDLES, CHROME

E63 - PICK UP BOX

EF7 - COUNTRY CODE, U.S.A.

FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS

FHO - VEHICLE FUEL GASOLINE E10

G80 - AUTO LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL

GAZ - SUMMIT WHITE

GU5 - REAR AXLE, 3.23 RATIO

H3A - COCOA / DUNE

I18 - ENGINEERING YEAR 2018

IO6 - GMC INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM W/ 8" DIAGONAL COLOR TOUCH & NAVIGATION (REPLACES STD./OPT. AUDIO SYS)

ITL - IDENTIFICATION - INF PASS GEN 2

JD9 - ANTILOCK BRAKES, 4 WHEEL DISC

JF4 - POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS

JHD - HILL DESCENT CONTROL

JL1 - TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER

K34 - CRUISE CONTROL

K47 - HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANERY

K4C - WIRELESS CHARGING

KC4 - ENGINE OIL COOLING SYSTEM

KG4 - ALTERNATOR, 150 AMPS

KI4 - POWER OUTLET, 110-VOLT AC

KNP - HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYSTEM

KQV - HEATED & VENTED SEATS DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER

KRV - REFRIGERANT LOW GWP

L86 - ENGINE, 6.2L V8 ECOTEC3

M5U - TRANSMISSION, 8 SPD AUTOMATIC

MAH - MARKETING AREA NORTH AMERICA

MSL - SILAO, MEXICO ASSEMBLY PLANT

N37 - STEERING COLUMN, TILT & TELESCOPING

NE8 - EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM LEVEL 3 EMISSIONS

NKC - ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION

NP5 - LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL

NQH - TRANSFER CASE 2-SPEED

NTB - EMISSION SYSTEM

NZP - 20" CHROME CLAD WHEELS

NZZ - UNDERBODY SHIELD, TRANS CASE

PDT - SLT CREW CAB PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE * 6" CHROME ASSIST STEPS * 20" CHROME CLAD WHEELS * SPRAY-ON BED LINER * POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW * HIGH PERFORMANCE LED HEADLAMPS * GMC INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM W/ 8" DIAGONAL COLOR TOUCH & NAVIGATION. * BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM * HEATED STEERING WHEEL * SEATS, FRONT FULL FEATURE LEATHER APPOINTED BUCKETS & CENTER CONSOLE, FLOOR W/ USB PORTS, AND WIRELESS CHARGING * HEATED & VENTED SEATS DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER * 8-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION * TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER * ENHANCED DRIVER ALERT PCKG: -FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST -LANE KEEP ASSIST -FORWARD COLLISION ALERT -SAFETY ALERT SEAT

PPA - EZ LIFT AND LOWER TAILGATE

R6J - CUSTOMER DIALOGUE NETWORK

R7E - ID-LICENSE PLATE BRACKET CHARGE

R9N - FORCE ON ALL VEHICLES FOR PRICING OF INTERIOR TRIM

RC4 - TIRE, SPARE 17" ALL SEASON BLACKWALL

RC7 - TIRES, ALL TERRAIN

RUF - WHEEL, 17" STEEL SPARE

SAF - SPARE TIRE LOCK

SLM - STOCK ORDERS

SLT - SALES PACKAGE

T3U - LED FRONT FOG LAMPS

T4L - HIGH PERFORMANCE LED HEADLAMPS (REPLACES STD.HEADLAMPS)

TDM - TEEN DRIVER

TG5 - SINGLE-SLOT CD/MP3 PLAYER

TQ5 - INTELLIBEAM HEADLAMPS

U2K - SIRIUSXM + SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION SOLD SEPARATELY BY SIRIUSXM AFTER 3 MONTHS

U2L - HD RADIO

U73 - ANTENNA - FIXED MAST

UD5 - FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST

UDD - DRIVER INFO - COLOR DISPLAY

UE1 - ONSTAR (R)

UEU - FORWARD COLLISION ALERT

UF2 - LED LIGHTING, CARGO BOX

UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE

UHX - LANE KEEP ASSIST WITH LANE DEPARTURE WARNING

UHY - LOW SPEED FORWARD AUTOMATIC BRAKING

UJM - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM WITH TIRE FILL ALERT (EXCL SPARE TIRE)

UK3 - STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROLS

UMN - SPEEDOMETER

UQA - BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM

UTJ - THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM

UVC - REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM

UVD - HEATED STEERING WHEEL

V22 - CHROME GRILLE SURROUND

V46 - FRONT BUMPER, CHROME

V76 - BLACK RECOVERY HOOKS, FRONT

V8D - VEHICLE STATEMENT US

VHM - VEHICLE HEALTH MANAGEMENT

VJH - REAR BUMPER, CHROME

VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT

VRK - COMPONENT

VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH

VV4 - 4G LTE WI-FI (R) HOTSPOT CAPABLE (SUBJECT TO TERMS SEE ONSTAR.COM)

WMJ - VIN MODEL YEAR 2018

XL7 - FREQUENCY RATING 315 MH

Y86 - ENHANCED DRIVER ALERT PACKAGE: * FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST * LANE KEEP ASSIST WITH LANE DEPARTURE WARNING * LOW SPEED FORWARD AUTOMATIC BRAKING * INTELLIBEAM HEADLAMPS * FORWARD COLLISION ALERT * SAFETY ALERT SEAT

YE9 - SLE/SLT DECOR

Z71 - OFF ROAD SUSPENSION PACKAGE * AIR CLEANER, HIGH CAPACITY * HILL DESCENT CONTROL * UNDERBODY SHIELD * Z71 BADGE * MONOTUBE RANCHO SHOCKS

Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT PACKAGE

Z88 - GMC TRUCK NAMEPLATE

ZY1 - SOLID PAINT

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, first time posting to this forum.  Thanks a bunch for making me aware I could chat with GM customer service and request the build sheet!

My recently traded 2003 Sierra had the original build sheet in the glove box.  Now I have the build sheet for my new 2018 Denali.

So far, I’ve learned it was Mexico built in week 27.  I assume that means the 1st week of July.  The exterior is “Glory Red Tint-2”, rather than Quartz Red Tintcoat.  The interior color is cocoa and maple sugar, (much better tasting than dark sand), and it does have code NKC, noise control system, active noise cancelation.

I’m really loving my new truck.  The old, owned from new, 2003 Sun Blast Yellow SLE was a pampered beauty with only 90,000 miles in 15 years.  Nonetheless, even though the old truck still drove like it did the day I brought it home, there is no comparison with my 2018 Sierra.

I knew I wanted a Denali, really liked the Ulitmates, but, living here in Georgia, I just didn’t think I needed (or wanted) 4WD.  I also wanted the 6.2L.  Who wouldn’t want a Corvette drive train in his new truck?  It took some looking, but I finally found my (almost an Ultimate) 2WD 6.2.  Near as I can figure my truck is the same spec as an Ultimate except for 4WD, 22” wheels, and chrome tow hooks. It did come with (CF5) power sliding sunroof, (BRS) retractable power running boards and, (RTL) upgraded chrome 20” DENALI embossed wheels.  I have the OEM Chrome tow hooks on order along with the OEM drivers side assist handle.

I think my 2WD 6.2L is a bit of an odd duck, but its my odd duck.  I noticed that, right now anyway, one can only get a 6.2L - 2019 Denali if they spec it with 4WD.  I wonder how much less my 2WD weighs than a 2018 6.2L 4WD Denali Ultimate?  Anyone know how to get the actual as specified curb weight of a new GMC truck?

5b8f3d146c266_OldandNew.thumb.JPG.416d7ff437c3724d439b0d5aa35cf078.JPG

Edited by JohnEaton54

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2016 at 2:42 PM, newdude said:

XYI - ?

VRK - Value Added ASM Roof Trim

H2R - Interior Trim Config Level 1 Jet Black/Dark Ash

MAH - Marketing Area North America

VMN - Panel Center Magic Black Paint & Bright Silver Metallic Paint

260 - ?

152 - ?

1WT - Package WT Option 1

4D7 - Interior Trim Jet Black/Dark Ash

AVV - Identification Effective Point Control 2016 1/2 MY

AYK - Restraint Head Rest 2 Way Adjust

GBA - Primary Color Exterior, Black

I16 - I'm pretty sure this signifies the 2016 model year.

N2Q - ?

VHM - Prognostic System Vehicle Health Management

V8D - Vehicle Statement US

WMG - VIN Model Year 2016

YM8 - Identification Limited Personalization Option/LPO

I think N2Q is a strange RPO, my GM parts catalog says that is for a owners manual in Slovak language!image.thumb.png.a60ed056275b14f9e70fe7350193c94b.png

• 3 weeks later...

I just logged onto the GMC site, Owner Center area, and hit the online chat button. Within 10 minutes of asking them for a build sheet, and giving them my VIN and email address, I had a 7 page build sheet with codes and descriptions for my 2016 Sierra.

Just adding on that this method still works.