Corsa cat back exhaust

fmjcafe

I just had a Corsa cat back system installed on my 2003 Silverado and have to say that so far I am very happy with it. I got the side exit system with dual tips. The sound is burbly cruising around town and kind of raspy when you get on it. It really sounds great when you hit the passing gear on the highway. It pretty much sounds stock at cruise. My dealer installed it in about an hour. I checked it out while the truck was on the lift and it looks really nice. The technician said it was a piece of cake to install.

:thumb:

Awesome. Been thinking about that one myself.  I'm concerned about it being overly loud during passing or getting it on.  I want a nice sound, but don't want to be obnoxious about it.

Let us know how you feel about it as soon as "new" wears off.  I wish I could hear one in person.

At around town speeds at a steady cruise it`s a bit louder then stock. By no means is it unpleasant. At highway speeds it`s as quiet as stock. It definately makes itself heard when you are on the gas but no more so then other trucks I hear running around here.

Maybe I`ll have the wife do a drive by for me and listen....

:crazy:

Naaah,maybe not.

Ryan,

I`m fairly new to this truck, it`s only got 3K miles on it, and I just got the system this morning but I can`t tell any difference one way or the other. Since it`s the side exit system and only has one tail pipe I don`t really expect to lose any power as some people that get a dual outlet system have reported.

Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Absolutely.  The king must drive his own chariot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats right! The Queen has only driven it once. From the driveway to the street and the King was watching the whole time.

:crazy:

I ordered the system through my dealer and since my brother works for GM I got an employee discount on the system and a break on the labor rate to  have it installed. The system was $503 and labor was $85 of course there was freight and tax added to the price of the system.

I got the system that exits behind the right rear wheel through two slash cut 4" stainless steel tips. The tips are tucked up higher then the stock system. I`d say they are about 1 1/2" below the bed side. It really looks great.

I kept the stock system thinking that in the future if I sell or trade the truck in I can re install it and either sell or put the Corsa system on the new one if it still fits.

fmjcafe, that sounds really good.  I have been eyeballing this, but probably not for a long time, unfortunately.

Any resonance in the low RPM, high gear combo?  

If I'm not mistaken, Corsa has a 5.3L tuned exhaust system, which I hope would clear up that issue.

Archived