2500hd 6in lift 37/13.50/20 or 15.50? 20x12 -44 offset rim

Tyler Hogsten

Ok so it's time for tires. Truck is getting last touches. (Cab lights, strobes, kc, fog lights, and tints)

Well I better order my tires and rims within the next week or so.

What to get? I liked the deep moto metal 962s

Was originally thinking 20x12 -44 offset and 35x12.50x20 nitto trails

Now I am possibly thinking 37x13.50x20 or 37x15.50x20 mud grapplers..

I am wondering if they will fit with the offset I am getting I also have a knuckle drop kit pushing fronts out 2in so I have a 2in spacer on rear. I don't mind a little inner fender trimming or even some bumper trimming to an extent. Let me know what your running that's similar to any of these give feedback and post pics. State rims, back space, offset size and tire size! Also if any trimming was needed

I have a 2003 silverado 2500hd 6in lift with helper springs in rear. I think I measured around 45in or so fender height on stock 265 tires I have aftermarket keys I could use but font want to. I'm worried 35s won't fill the fenders as much as I'd like.

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll have a mean ass stance like that, they'll fit. I know a guy runs 37's on 20x14 with a big nasty offset wth a 4" kit on an LLY. He had to do some fender massaging but they fit! They may rub a lil' but it won't be bad.

I have witnessed a few guys run big wide rims with big offset now my fair warning to you is buy a couple spare front hub assemblies..make sure you show some pics when it's set up!!

this truck is a -44 offset with 35s

http://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/345/wheel-offset-2006-chevrolet-silverado%202500hd-super-aggressive-3%22-suspension-lift-6%22-custom-rims

will 4.76 back spacing make a big difference compared to a 0 back spacing and -44 offset?

so 37s with how wide of a tire?

I guess if you like that look...looks hideous to me.

As Chevyboy86 pointed out, with that kind of offset, the stress on the hubs is going to be insane. You WILL be replacing hubs with that kind of offset.

Also keep in mind with an offset like that, you will throw mud and rocks down the side of your truck, which will result in some nice scratches.

I would go as wide as possible if I was looking to achieve that style of stance!

Sounds like you're going fr width so get the 14.50's...why not?

Laser, I don't think he cares about what you like or dislike lol. He asked about rubbing. I think he's for his mind made up lol...

As Chevyboy86 pointed out, with that kind of offset, the stress on the hubs is going to be insane. You WILL be replacing hubs with that kind of offset.

Also keep in mind with an offset like that, you will throw mud and rocks down the side of your truck, which will result in some nice scratches.

well now you got me worried.. i didnt think it would stick out that far to make that big of an effect on hubs.. :s

well now you got me worried.. i didnt think it would stick out that far to make that big of an effect on hubs.. :s

Ya dude, it will. Even 2" wheel spacers cut the front hub life by a lot...at least from what I've witnessed. Front hubs were done on mine @ 120k Kms with only 0 offset lol...but they are cheap man. If you're willing to fork out that much on rims and rubber. Few hundi on a couple hub assemblies I'm sure you can afford. You gotta pay to play bud!!

This is the worst part about modifying trucks.

It's extremely difficult to find good performing tires these days, hard to find wheels you like with the offset you want. Because life is cruel, you finally find what you want only to realize it will cost you dearly to keep the truck that way.

With a -44 offset, the hubs will wave bye bye long before you would expect them to. As you "reach out" with offset, the stress on the hubs and bearings is substantially increased. Considering factory offset for these trucks is what, +38 or +35MM? That's a huge difference.

Archived