2500hd 6in lift 37/13.50/20 or 15.50? 20x12 -44 offset rim

Tyler Hogsten

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd do 13.50 on x12 -44, will look perfect IMO. I ran x10 -24 on rutted up logging roads a few days week for over a year with no problems, if keeping it on the street you'll be fine!IMAG0270.jpg2314ead9-917b-4f67-829b-7b26d004246b.jpg

Are those 37s? And yeah I have a lot of rocky roads. And I like to "get lost" as we call it with the gf. (Take random dirt roads for a day stop and find something to eat and GPS home) better than going and spending $ on stupid stuff. This way I can enjoy the my two favorite things. Haha I just don't want to ruin paint. Also I prolly won't fit in two tracks?

I'd do 13.50 on x12 -44, will look perfect IMO. I ran x10 -24 on rutted up logging roads a few days week for over a year with no problems, if keeping it on the street you'll be fine!

IMAG0270.jpg

2314ead9-917b-4f67-829b-7b26d004246b.jpg

That a 6" lift?

Do you have the 6.0 gas? Or is it a diesel. Stock gears? Just thinking about power loss with 37's. And as far as -44 it will look awesome with a wide stance, but keep in mind as long as it's nice and wide 35's would still look good. If your running a gasser and don't want to regear I vote 35's with the wide stance. Maybe look into a 20x10 rather then a 20x12.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I guess if you like that look...looks hideous to me.

As Chevyboy86 pointed out, with that kind of offset, the stress on the hubs is going to be insane. You WILL be replacing hubs with that kind of offset.

Also keep in mind with an offset like that, you will throw mud and rocks down the side of your truck, which will result in some nice scratches.

well now you got me worried.. i didnt think it would stick out that far to make that big of an effect on hubs.. :s

Don't worry about lasers opinion, prob never even owned a lifted truck.

Do you have the 6.0 gas? Or is it a diesel. Stock gears? Just thinking about power loss with 37's. And as far as -44 it will look awesome with a wide stance, but keep in mind as long as it's nice and wide 35's would still look good. If your running a gasser and don't want to regear I vote 35's with the wide stance. Maybe look into a 20x10 rather then a 20x12.

6.0l gas. rebuilt motor. bigger cam, valve springs, 3 angle valve job, milled heads 10 thou, cold air intake, throttle body space, new spark plug wires, long tube headers, magnaflow muffler Gibson pipes cat delete 5in tip. should be mid 400s ft-LB and HP. just waiting on doing a tune. I have a diablo tuner but want to get a custom tune to put it all together. I do have one engine light im dealing with, something with the knock sensors to figure out. 250 miles on motor so far. also need some paint work on rockers. por15 them but need to redo sand an paint over with color of truck. 07 and + emblems and cab lights. gears are 4:10!

also did transfer case fix.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to stick with a 35 if you plan to run a wide wheel with a high negative offset. Those 37's will be rubbing bad and prob be impossible to drive.

do you think 37 would fit on 20x10 rims?

I'm willing to bet you will be close to rubbing with only a 6" lift and 35's on a 20x10 with a high negative offset. To be realistic 37's are out of the question unless you do some serious cranking in the front and then they will prob still run at full lock. Just checked with my buddy. You will need like 9" of lift to clear 37's.

Archived