What have you done to your K2 today?

2 minutes ago, T_ClarkEx39 said:

JdM's or a different brand? 

They're not specifically JDM but most likely out of the same Chinese plant. I linked both. The reverse lights are 1100lumen. They light up my neighbors entire house when I back up. 

• Like 1

How long did yours last? I've only had mine in for 2 months but no problems
I got my JDM from eBay 7 months ago and they're still doing fine. For the price I paid I believe I already got my money's worth out of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally got my new wheels and tires installed today at 4 Wheel Parts! Went with 20x9 (0 Offset) Pro Comp Quick 8 Series 48 wheels and BFGoodrich K02 305/55R20 Tires on a Trail Master 2.25" front strut level (level installed about 1-2 weeks ago). Very happy with the looks and quality of this setup, 4WP was a huge help with tire size and making me a he*l of a deal! Also just got my Boost Auto Parts tow mirrors installed last night and am very happy with the quality and performance as well as Adam's cus tomer service at Boost! 

20171017_155338.jpg

20171017_155403.jpg

20171017_155827.jpg

20171017_155417.jpg

• Like 1

I think you just convinced me not to go with RC

I have to disagree, it's personally just the luck of the draw. I installed my 2.5 rc lift on my 14 when it was brand new, I'm at just a little over 52k with ZERO problems. My truck has been on some very rough roads and was used as a farm truck for several years. I wouldn't let something like this push you away, equipment failure (or premature wear if you must) is very real despite how new a truck is lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

I have to disagree, it's personally just the luck of the draw. I installed my 2.5 rc lift on my 14 when it was brand new, I'm at just a little over 52k with ZERO problems. My truck has been on some very rough roads and was used as a farm truck for several years. I wouldn't let something like this push you away, equipment failure (or premature wear if you must) is very real despite how new a truck is lol

I can see your point. I just want to be able to take out any chances of future failure so that I'm not throwing $$$ after only 5K miles. There is a good size difference between a 2.5" lift and a 6" that I'm wanting.  

I can see your point. I just want to be able to take out any chances of future failure so that I'm not throwing $$$ after only 5K miles. There is a good size difference between a 2.5" lift and a 6" that I'm wanting.  

Because of all the relocation brackets and new crossmembers, a 4 inch lift is the closest to stock in regards to angles.

1 hour ago, Bushleaguechew said:

Because of all the relocation brackets and new crossmembers, a 4 inch lift is the closest to stock in regards to angles.

I have considered a 4" especially since I have a 70 mile round trip to work every day. Probably would be less wear and tare on the truck

I've had my reverse lights almost over a year and they are glowing strong. License plate lights are a few months old but still good. I just make sure I get the cob based LEDS with full connection tabs vs the diode/cob LEDS with single wire connectors.
Any recommendations? I'm not familiar w the whole "cob based" description.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, LSUEEMBA said:

Any recommendations? I'm not familiar w the whole "cob based" description.

Here's the links to the lights I picked up. 

Reverse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRI948Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

License: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-White-168-194-2825-9-SMD-LED-Bulbs-License-Plate-Lights-for-Silverado/182134428502?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

COB is circuit on board which is the latest generation of led technology and tend to outlast older style LEDS like SMD and resin captured single diodes. Also with COB LED's you get more lumens with less power consumption. I not only run those lights but also use COB LED's for my interior accent lights and my bed lights. 

• Like 2

Here's the links to the lights I picked up. 
Reverse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HRI948Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
License: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-White-168-194-2825-9-SMD-LED-Bulbs-License-Plate-Lights-for-Silverado/182134428502?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

COB is circuit on board which is the latest generation of led technology and tend to outlast older style LEDS like SMD and resin captured single diodes. Also with COB LED's you get more lumens with less power consumption. I not only run those lights but also use COB LED's for my interior accent lights and my bed lights. 
Thanks!
Ordering TODAY!!!

Finally got rid of the stock tires and got some 305/55/20s on the ride! Loving the new look. Probably going to get some bora spacers until/if I get get new wheels. Pictures are edited because lighting has sucked in Tampa the past couple days.1070432dad09c5be4ddb8b90c85684ac.jpge8b5b564007594f296c856449dbf409a.jpgdc49653a2c54b3d7c340786dde3ba2e5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Finally got rid of the stock tires and got some 305/55/20s on the ride! Loving the new look. Probably going to get some bora spacers until/if I get get new wheels. Pictures are edited because lighting has sucked in Tampa the past couple days.1070432dad09c5be4ddb8b90c85684ac.jpge8b5b564007594f296c856449dbf409a.jpgdc49653a2c54b3d7c340786dde3ba2e5.jpg

What kind of tires are those, and what kinda lift do you have.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, TubesteakBoogie said:

Finally got rid of the stock tires and got some 305/55/20s on the ride! Loving the new look. Probably going to get some bora spacers until/if I get get new wheels. Pictures are edited because lighting has sucked in Tampa the past couple days.

I've never heard of AMP tires but the tread design looks good and they look good on your truck. Will be interested to see how they perform in the long haul. 

8 hours ago, sjr613 said:

What kind of tires are those, and what kinda lift do you have.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

They are Amp Terrain Gripper AT G 305/55/20s. Their actual measurements come in at a little over 33 tall and at 13 wide fully inflated. I ordered them through Custom Offsets.  www.customwheeloffset.com/buyhttps://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset2/305-5520AMP+CA/amp-terrain-gripper-at-g-lt305-55r20-tires

I have a 2.5 Motofab level on front only. A little bit of rub at full lock, but I've been considering boras for a while. 

5 hours ago, Goinovr said:

I've never heard of AMP tires but the tread design looks good and they look good on your truck. Will be interested to see how they perform in the long haul. 

I appreciate the compliment. I honestly hadn't heard of them either, but I find decent amount of good reviews and figured custom offsets wouldn't sell a total pile of crap. My biggest concern initially was that I found some reviews that said they couldn't get a tire to balance. However, I asked the boys at Goodyear how mine balanced and they said beautifully...They hadnt dealt with them either. Only time will tell though. All good so far...