What have you done to your K2 today?

Yesterday, my son and I washed my truck, since it was 70ºF, sunny, and clear out. :cool: Got done around sundown, so no pictures, yet.  Hit 46864mi as we were coming back off of Edwards (before the wash), from lunch and working with a friend's dogs (since they are on vacation), almost took a picture of it in front of NB-52 0008 ("Balls 8," NASA).  OF COURSE, now the wind is blowing, so I expect it to be dusty/dirty again.  :(

43 minutes ago, mikevickers10 said:

Don’t even ask why I said rubicon lol... what I meant was Recon.. don’t know how I messed that statement up. Just edited the post to correct that and posted the link. Glad you said something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sweet. Been going back and forth between Recon and Spyder. Saw some awesome lights on this thread a few pages back but haven't seen them on spyders website.

1 hour ago, gruve said:

Nope, just the tails for now. Didn’t even look into the third light. I see anzo makes an led version though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Looks like they make a version as well (https://www.carid.com/spyder/smoke-led-3rd-brake-light-mpn-bkl-csil14-led-sm.html?singleid=211675538&url=80520797) any idea if that is the same tint? Hard to tell from the photos, but you've seen yours in person so hoping your eye can help a brother out.

Yeah, Looks like they make a version as well (https://www.carid.com/spyder/smoke-led-3rd-brake-light-mpn-bkl-csil14-led-sm.html?singleid=211675538&url=80520797) any idea if that is the same tint? Hard to tell from the photos, but you've seen yours in person so hoping your eye can help a brother out.

From how that looks on the site I would say the same tint or very close. My tails are smoked but not very dark. Now you have me looking at that too!

10 hours ago, gruve said:

From how that looks on the site I would say the same tint or very close. My tails are smoked but not very dark. Now you have me looking at that too!

Yeah, the only concern I had was that they say chrome/smoke as opposed to black/smoke. I may try and run from a different brand that is black and tinted, we shall see.

I wasn't looking for any right now, but with the sale I kind of have to.

I finally swapped my chrome door moldings out for painted ones after putting it off for the last 2+ years haha. Went ahead and removed the Sierra badges as well.

Side note: That tape on the lettering is no joke to get off. fe9f22d78044cc315a1bbe6fbc95026f.jpg

• Like 1

Heading out to shop for tires/shocks. The cooper discoverer at3's are noisy and I don't like feeling every crack in the road. My idea of GMC is the Cadillac of trucks. I want comfort, luxury and refinement. 

Pretty sure it has the same suspension as the Silverado. If you want a better ride (bump wise) then stay off of E rated and low aspect ratio tires.

2 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

Pretty sure it has the same suspension as the Silverado. If you want a better ride (bump wise) then stay off of E rated and low aspect ratio tires.

Previous owner put those on. One size larger than stock. Near as I can tell it should have 265 65 18's. These are 275's. Also did other strange things.

Edited by Rob Okray

Crappy wipers are probably the single most annoying thing to me. You buy a 40k+ truck and the wipers come from a used yugo. I bought some "winter wipers" from autozone that were alright in the beginning but suck now, less than 3 months later. You live in an area with a lot of rain/snow?

No snow down here and not much rain either lol maybe just the sun screwed them up.

1 hour ago, Michael Schimborski said:

What do you mean exactly ? What do you notice ? Sound ? Performance ? Debating on doing this but the guys at work say that it won’t do much without a tune. Did you tune yours after ?

faster acceleration and a more aggressive sound when giving it some gas, honestly dont think you need a tune unless your doing bigger things like headers or Cam swaps, major things but I could be wrong