What have you done to your K2 today?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, sk said:

Best place is to get them right from the source.  There are a bunch of cheap knockoffs on ebay and Amazon but this guy actually has the patent and laser-scanned the holes to make sure everything fits perfectly:

https://railcaps.com/

Note -- this is the same guy as the Amazon link above but I think they are 2 or 3 dollars cheaper on his website.

I have had a set on for almost 2 years now.  I remove and reinstall them often and I have had ZERO problems with fit and finish.

$25USD for 2 pieces of plastic :shakehead:. Ugh im a sucker.... ordered direct.

I had exact same issues bud, 2015 Sierra. I turned the afm off and that’s all gone, I swear to you. Drives like a whole new truck. I bought an intune, but didn’t really do any other mods beyond adjust my speedo for larger tires. It’s been well over a year and I haven’t noticed any problems in the areas I would always have them, like certain hills that it wouldn’t make up its mind what gear to go in, I just go up smoothly now. Can let off and coast a bit and get back on it without a crazy clunk and hard shift too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that change your gas mileage at all?? I’m sure that will void warranties as well? But idk I am getting tired of this crazy transmission

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

Did that change your gas mileage at all?? I’m sure that will void warranties as well? But idk I am getting tired of this crazy transmission

4.5” CST suspension lift

I’m getting .1 better after I turned it off lol. I reset one of the tripometers when I did it to track the difference. Obviously it’s not real scientific, but hey it’s not several mpg worse either.

I haven’t had any issues with warranty, but I’ve also only ever made one claim; and that was bc the haptic motor on the left side of the driver seat went out. I turned it back to stock prior to taking it in for that, I have left it tuned for all my oil changes there though, I get them done at the dealer I bought it from.

Diablo claims the gm techs can’t see that you’ve used their product once you return it to stock, There’s plenty of debate over that. I was closing in on driving beyond any mileage the standard warranties would cover for any power train related stuff, so I went ahead and did it.

I’ve since messed with the firmness of the shifts and some little things like that, but it’s all still the “canned tunes” options that come with it, I haven’t had a true tune. To me, It’s one of the best investments/mods I’ve made/done. If anything, just for the peace of mind of knowing I don’t need to concentrate on how I use the gas pedal in certain scenarios, I can just drive and enjoy the truck.

• Like 1

I’m getting .1 better after I turned it off lol. I reset one of the tripometers when I did it to track the difference. Obviously it’s not real scientific, but hey it’s not several mpg worse either.

I haven’t had any issues with warranty, but I’ve also only ever made one claim; and that was bc the haptic motor on the left side of the driver seat went out. I turned it back to stock prior to taking it in for that, I have left it tuned for all my oil changes there though, I get them done at the dealer I bought it from.

Diablo claims the gm techs can’t see that you’ve used their product once you return it to stock, There’s plenty of debate over that. I was closing in on driving beyond any mileage the standard warranties would cover for any power train related stuff, so I went ahead and did it.

I’ve since messed with the firmness of the shifts and some little things like that, but it’s all still the “canned tunes” options that come with it, I haven’t had a true tune. To me, It’s one of the best investments/mods I’ve made/done. If anything, just for the peace of mind of knowing I don’t need to concentrate on how I use the gas pedal in certain scenarios, I can just drive and enjoy the truck.

Please send me a link or tell me what model programmer you have. Thank you in advance man!!!

4.5” CST suspension lift

Please send me a link or tell me what model programmer you have. Thank you in advance man!!!

4.5” CST suspension lift

This is what I have, I went with it bc I went up a size in tires and wanted to reprogram the speedometer for that, witch it also will do. There’s some modules out there made to specifically turn AFM off and that’s it, there’s plenty of better tuners out there too. This one fit my needs.

83e72e62cbec33408c8b2858967311c6.jpg

• Like 1

4.5” CST suspension lift

If your truck has the option, put it in manual mode and set it to 5th gear. It’ll be good to around 40-45 mph if my memory is ok, maybe faster. As long as you stay in 5th gear or less, it turns the afm off, 6th it will come back on. This is how I was driving in town to experiment, and what ultimately made me decide the afm was causing my issues.

If your truck has the option, put it in manual mode and set it to 5th gear. It’ll be good to around 40-45 mph if my memory is ok, maybe faster. As long as you stay in 5th gear or less, it turns the afm off, 6th it will come back on. This is how I was driving in town to experiment, and what ultimately made me decide the afm was causing my issues.

I won’t have to downshift or anything? Just keep it in 5th and drive around??

4.5” CST suspension lift

4.5” CST suspension lift

Yea it will shift for you just like always, the only difference is it will constantly be in v8. no hunting for gears while deciding to switch between v4/v8. It will start to rev and you’ll know when your maxing 5th gear. I drove like that in town or on back country roads, anywhere the speed was like 45 or less. shift it up to 6th if your hitting a highway or interstate, this will also activate the afm again, anytime you go back to 5th or lower and it’ll be off.

• Like 1

4.5” CST suspension lift

"manual" mode on the column shifter.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=195079&url=http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/195079-%22manual%22-mode-on-the-column-shifter%2E&share_type=t

• Like 1

Thank you for your time and help!

4.5” CST suspension lift

Thank you for your time and help!

4.5” CST suspension lift
I would try the m5 mode and if that doesn't work I would put the oem intake back on and take it to a different dealer. How much warranty do you have left?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I would try the m5 mode and if that doesn't work I would put the oem intake back on and take it to a different dealer. How much warranty do you have left?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I’m going to try out the manual mode today. I have 34,800 miles or until 7/3/2018 for the 3/36,000 mile warranty. I’m not sure which warranty I should be worried about. I was also going to put the stock intake back on as well once I get the chance

4.5” CST suspension lift

23 hours ago, chrispassas21 said:

88e47bf93c47aff0854adcd8e7afa9aa.jpg9089b40a5afd4063b822f933b5dc602a.jpg

4.5” CST suspension lift

BS.. mine was doing it way before intake... .. mine's in the shop for that now... and the 2018 with 3k miles on it... (gmc slt z71).... it has the same hard shifts in 1-2..and 2-1.. 

• Like 1

BS.. mine was doing it way before intake... .. mine's in the shop for that now... and the 2018 with 3k miles on it... (gmc slt z71).... it has the same hard shifts in 1-2..and 2-1.. 
My 8 speed has already been in 3 times and still has hard shifts at random. I wish they would just warranty it out and put the 10 speed in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1