What have you done to your K2 today?

@Sierra Jon Thanks man! I've recently started looking into how to better take care of the paint. I was washing the truck pretty religiously last year but for some reason water spots developed and I haven't been able to get them out. Maybe it was too hot out or my water has too much metal in it but I'm trying to do whatever I can to keep her nice. Going to take to her to a professional this spring once the weather clears and have her detailed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Jon said:

I'm using a cheap Amazon one and I am surprised with how well it works. Definitely worth it. I posted it a while back but this is the link. You have to get good soap though. I bought chemical guys.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CE78VO8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_MjMpJfzp1amsw

@Penguin VIIJust to also chime in, I've got the foam cannon from Chemical Guys and really like it also. Yeah, it may be more money but definitely worth it. Today's the last day of the 25% off sale they're doing.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Professional_Foam_Cannon_Snow_Foamer_p/eqp321.htm

I have the ceramic coating on my silvy, so this foam cannon is an awesome addition.

Edited by Korazu
  • Like 1

[mention=138501]Sierra Jon[/mention] How do you like the foam cannon and what brand do you have? I've been thinking about getting one, not sure if it's worth the cost.
I bought myself a electric pressure washer, some soap from Chemical guys and a amazon foam cannon and a majority of the water spots have disappeared. Now I'm looking at some Adams Polishes detail spray for after I finish drying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How do you guys with the foam cannon get all the dirt/mud/bugs off? I've got a foam cannon and pressure washer but it seems like I have to go back over it with a wash mitt to get everything off. I use chemical guys soap and than use Wash Wax All which I'm very happy with.

f6b66f9442e490001e86b13e60287478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you guys with the foam cannon get all the dirt/mud/bugs off? I've got a foam cannon and pressure washer but it seems like I have to go back over it with a wash mitt to get everything off. I use chemical guys soap and than use Wash Wax All which I'm very happy with.

f6b66f9442e490001e86b13e60287478.jpg

I use a wash mit and two bucket method after I spray the truck with the foam cannon. Just make sure that wash mit stays clean or you'll scratch the paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Korazu said:

@Penguin VIIJust to also chime in, I've got the foam cannon from Chemical Guys and really like it also. Yeah, it may be more money but definitely worth it. Today's the last day of the 25% off sale they're doing.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Professional_Foam_Cannon_Snow_Foamer_p/eqp321.htm

I have the ceramic coating on my silvy, so this foam cannon is an awesome addition.

$84??? I know it's not quality but ebay has them for less than $10.

10 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

@Korazu Appreciate the info but that's a bit rich for my blood. I think I'll stick with the amazon special and can upgrade later if needed. I don't know that I'll see a huge difference between the two as long as I'm using good soap. Famous last words I suppose.

Understand. I got it when it was on sale myself as I didn't want to spend that much either.

5 hours ago, tanner709 said:

It's on sale for $60~ with a 25% off until noon today as they extended the sale. As I said above, I wouldn't spend that much either, but I am going to pay for quality and what I paid for it was worth it not to spend a lot on quantity. Only pay what you're comfortable with.

There is a product called gyeon bathe that is a very good product that I use for my ceramic coated truck. Very foamy, very hydrophobic. Not exactly sure what it costs but wanted to recommend that to you guys. Your truck or car can be coated or uncoated and it will be fine.

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift

@Korazu Have you tried any of the "off brand" versions? Curious to know how they compare. I prefer to just buy once so if it's clearly a better product I'm ok with the one time, but it seems to mechanically simple that I wonder what the value is. Although the one that @Sierra Jon linked seems to have a few poor reviews that describe leaking, it seems easily fixed with a simple rubber washer.