What have you done to your K2 today?

44 minutes ago, kkmitchell5 said:

Those look really great! I've been eyeing a pair of those because i hate how slippery the OEM boards are. Ive almost killed myself a dozen time. Do you know how slippery they would be with snow or water on them? Thanks!

Thanks, I'm really liking them.  In the rain they're great, lots of grip.  I have a snow trip coming up in a few weeks, I let you know then.

1 hour ago, huntr1117 said:

No. They are pretty easy to work with. They just asked me to email a few pics of the leaking or a short video. After that they emailed me and said they were shipping out a new cover. The new cover was an updated version of the original flex that I had but sadly it's leaking more than the 1st. I need to call them again and see what they about the 2nd cover.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Damn, sorry to hear that.  I will keep you update on the Ultra Flex.  Fingers crossed it doesn't leak.....

Removed the MBRP catback and reinstalled the factory one with the Magnaflow 12909 , stock resonator and flapper valve.
Getting ready to take the truck in for Warranty work. Radiator is leaking in the corners and transmission ( 8 speed) is shifting like crap.
I understand it's the nature of the 8 speed ( in GM's case at least) to have terrible programming but y the really soft shift from 2nd to 3 rd concerns me. Feels like it's slipping.
Only way it shifts correctly is to mash the pedal every time I take off but I'm not going to do that.
My father in law drives that way. Always takes off like a bat out of hell and goes through tires way faster then I do... And I have the 6.2 that every once in awhile is allowed to lay down a smoke show. [emoji16]
I ended up "fixing" the rear least spring clunking with grease, I'm sure it will return.
Not sure if I'm going to let the dealer dink around with my "Chevy shake" that starts at around 66-72 mph or not. They'll blame the tires I put on from my 2011. They didn't shake that truck and have been road force balanced even. Guess it's the price we pay to drive the best looking yet most frustrating trucks out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

Today I filled it up. But this week it got lifted. 750404619c635c8f931313676c453c07.jpg
4fdcfeb09b621f35222339e006f94098.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!  Are those stock wheels 22s?  What did you go with for the new tires/wheels?

58 minutes ago, boombalatty said:

Washed, clay barred, sealant and waxed. Looked great until the lawn crew blew all the dead grass clippings and dirt all over it.

Looked like an idiot dusting a truck but I damn well did it.

Where can I read up more on how and what to use for this?  Haven't had a new truck in years but I want to make sure this one last. 

1 hour ago, diegosaurus said:

Where can I read up more on how and what to use for this?  Haven't had a new truck in years but I want to make sure this one last. 

You can probably learn all you need to know from AMMO NYC and Chemical Guys on Youtube.  You don't need everything Chemical Guys pitch, but some of it is nice and can make things easier.  I'd recommend searching for "AMMO TRAINING ACADEMY" if you want to kill a couple hours with a guy who is OCD about cleaning cars :)

Here's what I did:

1. Rinsed the truck to get rid of the large contaminants - I was shaded pretty good and was going to wash it anyway so I wasn't too worried about it drying.
  2. Washed and rinsed the wheels, bumpers, and exhaust tip (dedicated bucket)
  3. Another rinse
  4. I washed it using the two bucket method (the other two buckets)
  5. Final rinse
  6. Dried it off with microfiber towels and took it home (it was still kind of dirty because light pressure during the wash doesn't get it all)
  7. Clay barred it in the shade using a quick detaling wax for lubrication
  8. Applied sealant with my DA polisher and a light/medium hex CG buffer pad and buffed it off by hand
  9. Applied liquid with my DA polisher and an ultra fine (black) hex CG pad and buffed it off by hand

Things I used:

• Three buckets (two homer buckets, one small random for the wheels)
  • California Gold Clay Bar System (comes with a quick detailing spray)
  • California Gold Car Wash
  • Chemical Guys White Light Hybrid Radiant Finish 
  • Mothers Ultimate Liquid Wax
  • Harbor Freight 6" Dual Action Polisher
  • Chemical Guys 5" DA backing plate to replace the horrid HF one (BUFLC_BP_DA_5)
  • CG 5" black hex pad (finishing)
  • CG 5" white hex pad (light buff)
  • and so many plush microfiber towels.  so many.

The dusting was done with copious amounts of cursing and a microfiber duster I picked up from Target.

Edited by boombalatty
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PotvinSucks said:

Added a RC 2in level then washed the truck for the first time this month lol. 

Pictures or it didn't happen.. lol

Today I took off the bottom part of the front skirt and finally installed my LED lights in the truck bed under my Backflip.

Before:

Gq52Kbk.jpg

After:

obIJTJG.jpg

Bed lighting:

4d3a9To.jpg

• Like 2

Today, my son and I gassed it up, fixed my fill tube, and drove up to Tehachapi to return a few things, that I no longer needed.  Unfortunately, I'll have to go up there AGAIN, later this week, Radio Shack was closed.  :mad:   Next time I'm at ACE, I'll get the specs for the bolt/nut.  When I picked them up, I almost bought "chrome" ones, but then caught a glimpse of these a couple sections over. 

My son ran the nut down, in this case up, the bolt from under the bed.  We then switched places, so I could make sure that the nut was on there good and tight.  Survived our 80+ mile trip to Tehachapi, from Edwards AFB, and back to the house.

A few weeks ago, I was filling up and noticed that another Silverado owner, from Florida, had the same issue.  He was reinstalling his broken plastic fastener, when he was done filling up, just like I was repeatedly doing, until today.

IMG_0050.jpg

• Like 1