Window Trim / Moldings

Long time lurker , first time poster. Like the title says, I'm wanting to get rid of the chrome trim. post-125585-0-76575000-1385080137_thumb.jpganybody have a part number for the piece under both windows? Don't know if it would be better to swap out the chrome bits: mirrors, handles, & window trim for oem pieces or just have them painted? Any help would be appreciated.

post-125585-0-76575000-1385080137_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If I looked these up right I believe this is what you are looking for. They are the black moldings without the appearance package. looks like the fronts retail for about 45 bucks and the rears about 50

LF pt#20964064

RF pt#20964063

RR pt#20963927

LR pt#20963928

Craig

Cool truck. I am also going to eliminate all chrome on my truck. I originally was going to order all black replacement parts or paint the existing. Now I am leaning towards PlastiDipping the chrome parts. It seems pretty good for this application and you can always just peel it off and go back to chrome. Go to you tube and type in plastdip. I am even doing my AT wheels just out of curiosity. If you are like me that should costs you about 5 hours of your life. :)

My truck is still not delivered but I have a shop lined up to plastidip straight away.

Let me know what you decide to do and please post pictures.

Murderer!

Apparently after this stuff has cured in the sun for a few days it will withstand a decent amount of abrasion. On youTube I saw a few videos where guys plastidipped their entire vehicles went off roading and pressure washed the whole thing. It actually held up. It is nota major effort to have it redone or touched up either.

If you look on you tube there are examples of how to tape it off. Looks like that is the way to go. You won't have to worry about any removal damage. You only need to really worry about the window side being precise since you don't want plastdip on the felt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are the chrome Sierra window trim and the black Silverado window trim interchangeable with one another? Exact mounting wholes, hardware, etc? I know a few people on her are going for the blacked out look, but I have a Silverado Double Cab and want do the opposite. I want the chrome moldings on mine.

Edited by cansled

I'm pretty sure they are a direct swap. I have the sierra chrome trims and would be willing to switch with some one. We could overnight ship them to eachother* so we're not driving around with them off for a long period of time. Pm me if interested.

Edited by thewhitestallion