Window Trim / Moldings

• 2 months later...

I did have a problem getting the clips to seat. I ended up closing the doors and almost doing a pullup off each door. After doing that all the clips did seat

Having the same problem here...my truck is black so I just took off the chrome window trim and sanded / primed / spray painted it gloss black. Looks great but just can't get these friggin' clips to seat back in the window again!

Having the same problem here...my truck is black so I just took off the chrome window trim and sanded / primed / spray painted it gloss black. Looks great but just can't get these friggin' clips to seat back in the window again!

Did you break the clips? There is a smaller clip right in the middle of each clip. Usually the smaller "lips" break off when you remove the trim and you don't even notice it. If those little lips are missing the clips won't snap back into place correctly (sorry I don't have any pictures).

If the clips are still intact then I used a rag and a rubber mallet to tap down on the trim until it clicked back into place.

Edited by sk

Did you break the clips? There is a smaller clip right in the middle of each clip. Usually the smaller "lips" break off when you remove the trim and you don't even notice it. If those little lips are missing the clips won't snap back into place correctly (sorry I don't have any pictures).

If the clips are still intact then I used a rag and a rubber mallet to tap down on the trim until it clicked back into place.

Hmm, I think the clips are all fine, like little barbs. I stood on the running board and leaned with both hands down on the trim but it won't snap in. The metal part of the trim is like an upside down V shape, maybe I bent that V open a little when I pulled the trim off.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone in the Houston Tx area have any Black Trim they'd like to trade for Chrome?

Better yet, anyone in Houston who'd be willing to help me remove these for a few bucks and some beer?!

On 1/10/2018 at 10:16 PM, 14 Silvy said:

I have black window trim on my 14 Silverado crew cab would like to trade for chrome. I'm in KY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in trading your black for my chrome as well, do you know if the '14 Silverado CrewCab and '18 Sierra CrewCab will utilize the same part numbers?

• 1 month later...