- - - - -

Cup Holder Removal?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Abjonesiii

Abjonesiii

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Anybody know if the cup holders in the center console of the arm rest in 40/20/40 jump seat can be removed for cleaning?

Seems like a lot of little cracks in there that can hold dirt and crumbs. I tried pulling up on it a little but it didn't want to move so I didn't force.

Anybody know?

2014 Silverado LT Double Cab w/ All Star package in Victory Red (.... as if there were any other colors  :rolleyes: )

Flowmaster 40 Series         JL Audio components and subs        WeatherTech Floor liners              35% Tint

#2 Nationalminer84

Nationalminer84

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,898 posts
  • Drives:2010 GMC Sierra

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

the one in my Malibu can be removed its pretty nice, the truck not so much...

2010 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab Z71 5.3 4x4- Motor City Edition, Extang Tonneau, GM 2-way Remote Start, Aftermarket Heated Seats,Lund hood Shield, GM Vent Visors, Pioneer AVH-3300BT HU with XM Tuner,K&N Filter, GMC Hitch Cover, Bedmat, Tow Mirrors, Regency White Faced Gauges, Billet Grille, CF Dash Kit, 2" Level, Edge Insight Monitor, Stainless Wheel Well trim, Vision Warrior Wheels with BFG's -2014 Chevrolet Malibu-1LT,Crystal Red Tintcoat 5% Tint

239287.png

#3 Silverado Steve

Silverado Steve

Enthusiast

• 541 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Drives:2014 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I just use my shop vac with the brush attachment to clean it.

#4 Blue Sierra Owner

Blue Sierra Owner

Enthusiast

• 708 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLE Iradium Metalic

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yes it can be removed. There are tabs 1 on each side and 1 at the back. I pulled mine out and cut the tabs off so I can remove it and clean it in the sink. There are slots in the bottom of where the cups go so if anything gets spilled it will get under the liner.

#5 Abjonesiii

Abjonesiii

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

Yes it can be removed. There are tabs 1 on each side and 1 at the back. I pulled mine out and cut the tabs off so I can remove it and clean it in the sink. There are slots in the bottom of where the cups go so if anything gets spilled it will get under the liner.

great thats what i was looking for.  was there a method to the madness? did you peel front to back etc?  

2014 Silverado LT Double Cab w/ All Star package in Victory Red (.... as if there were any other colors  :rolleyes: )

Flowmaster 40 Series         JL Audio components and subs        WeatherTech Floor liners              35% Tint

#6 Blue Sierra Owner

Blue Sierra Owner

Enthusiast

• 708 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLE Iradium Metalic

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Look at the bottom of page 2 post #30. I have posted about this before.

http://www.gm-trucks...age-2?hl=tricks

#7 Abjonesiii

Abjonesiii

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Look at the bottom of page 2 post #30. I have posted about this before.
http://www.gm-trucks...age-2?hl=tricks

Thank you!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users