Driving the new HDs next week. Requests?

I just wanted to remind everyone that next Tuesday I will have the pleasure of driving the new 2015 Silverado and Sierra HD. I want to share this experience with anyone who is interested. I'm looking for requests, suggestions, and any photos you'd like me to take next week.

See this thread for more details: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/155361-2015-silveradosierra-hd-live-postdrive-in-january/

Max out the payload and tow rating during the drive

I will be able to tow whatever they have for us. It will be substantial but most likely not 100% capacity.

Weak

We'll see. The first time I drove the now current HD's, they gave us an option to try towing up to 19k lbs. It may be more this time. I'll be posting photos and impressions as the day goes on, so you'll know shortly after I do.

Man that's cool. I wish I could be apart of that test drive. I've been looking at a 2014 because I was tired of waiting. Please test drive the 6.6 Duramax and provide feedback on interior noise and overall performance. Try turning the traction control off and see if she will spin the tires :driving: Can you get an SLE with LED running lights? Will they share with you any future rebates? I'm sure these truck are going to sell north of 60K. I'm just looking for an SLE/Tuxedo Black 4X4, Max Towing, Auto Rear Window, just the basics. Also what about power folding tow mirrors? All the pictures I've seen have the stock style mirrors.

Thanks for the post.

Have fun!

Joe

Pricing is my most important one. I'd imagine they will announce it real soon as production has started up.

They will probably have the same pricing if not bumped up a little in price.. When these come out it'll be a great time to pick up a 14 at a great price

Man that's cool. I wish I could be apart of that test drive. I've been looking at a 2014 because I was tired of waiting. Please test drive the 6.6 Duramax and provide feedback on interior noise and overall performance. Try turning the traction control off and see if she will spin the tires :driving: Can you get an SLE with LED running lights? Will they share with you any future rebates? I'm sure these truck are going to sell north of 60K. I'm just looking for an SLE/Tuxedo Black 4X4, Max Towing, Auto Rear Window, just the basics. Also what about power folding tow mirrors? All the pictures I've seen have the stock style mirrors.

Thanks for the post.

Have fun!

Joe

The clearance lights are available on any trim package 2500/3500, and it is only a 55 dollar option if you build a truck. From what I've seen, more of the trucks don't have the lights.

The tow mirrors will be the same a least for the 1st year, but supposedly GM is redesigning for the later years with power fold.

I've thought of a couple more ???s.

- Quietness. Being that it's the cab on the 2014 1500, is is as quiet driving, etc? I spent a week in a 2014 V6 double cab and was impressed with the quietness.

- Any hinting towards a 6.0 replacement and will they be adding 8 speed autos? I'm sure their answer will be "stay tuned" but see what you can get out of them lol.

- Silverado regular cabs in general...Why no 8 inch MyLink availability?

Let us know how the ride is unloaded and loaded on non-perfect pavement. I drove a new 14' HD2500 last weekend for a couple of days and it was smoother than my 14' z-71 crew cab Silverado. Coming from a Ram 1500 that had the coil spring rear suspension, I expected the 1500 Silverado to ride harsher than my Ram, but not worse than a 2500! I really should have gotten a 2500 series since I've gotten a large tractor and implements and a livestock trailer than I tow from time to time. The ratings of the 1500 covered my load capacity, but the 5.3 is definitely taxed whereas the diesel wouldn't be at all. Thanks

Archived