GMC Intellilink/Onstar/GMC Appshop

The GMC Intellilink has space (pages to scroll) of space for different apps. Without Navigation My 2014 Sierra has 6 apps. Even on one screen there is room for 8 on the 8 inch display.

Does anyone have any information on software upgrades/updates?

Also, contacts in the system have a space for the "contact photo". When you make or receive a call the small box appears and has an outline of a person but no picture. It just seems to me that the contact photo belongs there. It wouldn't be a big deal if there wasn't a spot coming up on the screen for a photo, but having the black outline of a figure makes you look at it like your doing something wrong. What I'm trying to say is, I would not have mentioned this had it not brought up a space for the contct photo. Any information out there on this or can we start a discussion to try and figure these Intellilink features?

I did read the owners manual from page to page, but the owners manual is vague when it comes down to software updates or even using the product. INMO...

Also, ATT is now going to be the provider from 2015 moving forward. They are developing a "GMC Appshop". Does this mean that the 2014 will not be able to download from the GMC appshop since it's being ran on Verizon Network? I read somewhere that the GMC Appshop would not support Verizon Onstar/infotainment. Can we expect GMC to not support the 2014 they are now selling? I will be very frustrated if GMC abandons current models. I certainly can see if your vehicle is years and years old not supporting the electronics updates but they are still selling the 2014.... And from what I have read we will not get any of the updated apps... at least not through the appshop.... Any information on this GM? Anyone?

Would others regret there purchase if it is confirmed that switching to ATT means our in car technology will be dated... moreover, not supported or upgradeable... I for one would like to see the apps downloaded or uploaded to my system....

Thanks all for any help with these questions!

The GMC Intellilink has space (pages to scroll) of space for different apps. Without Navigation My 2014 Sierra has 6 apps. Even on one screen there is room for 8 on the 8 inch display.

Also, contacts in the system have a space for the "contact photo". When you make or receive a call the small box appears and has an outline of a person but no picture. It just seems to me that the contact photo belongs there. It wouldn't be a big deal if there wasn't a spot coming up on the screen for a photo, but having the black outline of a figure makes you look at it like your doing something wrong. What I'm trying to say is, I would not have mentioned this had it not brought up a space for the contct photo. Any information out there on this or can we start a discussion to try and figure these Intellilink features? The contact photo is the one from your smartphone, if you have a contact photo in your phone's address book, and share your address book, and make sure it's set to use your phone's address book, not Onstar's phone book... it will show up. At least it does from my samsung galaxy mote 2 on android 4.3

I did read the owners manual from page to page, but the owners manual is vague when it comes down to software updates or even using the product. INMO...

Also, ATT is now going to be the provider from 2015 moving forward. They are developing a "GMC Appshop". Does this mean that the 2014 will not be able to download from the GMC appshop since it's being ran on Verizon Network? I read somewhere that the GMC Appshop would not support Verizon Onstar/infotainment. Can we expect GMC to not support the 2014 they are now selling? I will be very frustrated if GMC abandons current models. I certainly can see if your vehicle is years and years old not supporting the electronics updates but they are still selling the 2014.... And from what I have read we will not get any of the updated apps... at least not through the appshop.... Any information on this GM? Anyone? Any 1st upgrades will require a dealership visit to re-program. There may be subsequent app shops that arrive after an update, but it will never arrive there on its own. There is no current upgrade available from a dealer, it "may" happen down the road... though it also may not ever happen.

Would others regret there purchase if it is confirmed that switching to ATT means our in car technology will be dated... moreover, not supported or upgradeable... I for one would like to see the apps downloaded or uploaded to my system....

My contact pictures show up from my phone when I place and recieve a call. Using Verizon network on Nokia Windows Phone.

My contact pictures show up from my phone when I place and recieve a call. Using Verizon network on Nokia Windows Phone.

I have a iphone 5s with ios 7. Contacts do not come up for me but this may be an apple issue. Also, I am aware that pandora does not work over bluetooth for the iphone. You actually need to plug the phone in to the usb for it to work.

I searched but did not find a thread that satisified my curiousity/questions! Thanks

Also, contacts in the system have a space for the "contact photo". When you make or receive a call the small box appears and has an outline of a person but no picture. It just seems to me that the contact photo belongs there. It wouldn't be a big deal if there wasn't a spot coming up on the screen for a photo, but having the black outline of a figure makes you look at it like your doing something wrong. What I'm trying to say is, I would not have mentioned this had it not brought up a space for the contct photo. Any information out there on this or can we start a discussion to try and figure these Intellilink features?

Also, ATT is now going to be the provider from 2015 moving forward. They are developing a "GMC Appshop". Does this mean that the 2014 will not be able to download from the GMC appshop since it's being ran on Verizon Network? I read somewhere that the GMC Appshop would not support Verizon Onstar/infotainment. Can we expect GMC to not support the 2014 they are now selling? I will be very frustrated if GMC abandons current models. I certainly can see if your vehicle is years and years old not supporting the electronics updates but they are still selling the 2014.... And from what I have read we will not get any of the updated apps... at least not through the appshop.... Any information on this GM? Anyone?

There's already a big thread covering the infotainment system. Covers all but one if your questions over there. Search button is your friend... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Here's the Intellilink topic BringTheRain mentioned: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154456-mylink-my-disappointment/

Archived