My 2014 with 4-inch BDS Lift and 35" Toyo Tires - No Trimming!

BDS tells you on their website what offset is needed for each size wheel. I know for 18 inch rims, they call for 5 inches of backspacing and that means zero offset. Factory wheels are somewhere near -30 off set so it is quite a difference. Don't know about 22's but you can call them and ask them. I talked to them and they were very friendly and helpful on the phone.

Just a quick update to let everyone know I am going to have to do some trimming, unfortunately. It is very, very minor on one side inside the wheel well. Nothing will be visible from the outside. I will post pictures once we get it done so you can see what I mean and my apologies for the now misleading title to this thread! But, I wanted to make sure everyone is up to speed.

Also, I drilled out the gold bow ties and replaced them with GM black bow ties and LOVE it!

Edited by ebackwardse1
  • Like 1

just from looking at the pictures i was surprised when you said no trimming. Does it only rub in reverse with the wheel turned all the way to the left and on the drivers side?

Wow! It's crazy how accurate you are. You must have encountered the same thing? That's exactly when and where it happens. Only the driver's side. I will take pictures before and after for everyone to see, but it's rubbing by about 1/8" in the exact spot you noted. It's the black/gray plastic guard on the bottom of the inside fender and might only be a screw that is the culprit. I will be tackling this next week so I will definitely let everyone know.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad I found this post. I have a 2012 Raptor and I am thinking of getting a 2014 GM 1500 and putting a 4 inch BDS lift on it. I have a few questions I would like to ask. How much has the ride and gas mileage changed? What engine and rear end do you have? Is it a dog with the lift and tires? I was wanting to order a 6.2 with he 3.73 rear end because I can't stand when a vehicle has no get up and go. I ask how it does if you has a 5.3 with the 3.42 because maybe I don't have to get the bigger engine. I'm pretty sure I want the other rear end though. Once you put on the tires it should reduce the rear end ratio smaller so I am trying to offset that. Any info you have would be great. Thank you and you truck looks great. Do you happen to have a direct side shot of it.

• 2 months later...

I am so glad I found this post. I have a 2012 Raptor and I am thinking of getting a 2014 GM 1500 and putting a 4 inch BDS lift on it. I have a few questions I would like to ask. How much has the ride and gas mileage changed? What engine and rear end do you have? Is it a dog with the lift and tires? I was wanting to order a 6.2 with he 3.73 rear end because I can't stand when a vehicle has no get up and go. I ask how it does if you has a 5.3 with the 3.42 because maybe I don't have to get the bigger engine. I'm pretty sure I want the other rear end though. Once you put on the tires it should reduce the rear end ratio smaller so I am trying to offset that. Any info you have would be great. Thank you and you truck looks great. Do you happen to have a direct side shot of it.

Everything this gentleman asked needs to be answered. I have the EXACT same questions. I'm looking at the Zone Offroad (BDS' "off brand") 4.5" lift.

Gas mileage affected much?

How was the pickup/"get up and go" affected?

I, too, want a side view, please!!!

By the way, guys. If you go to BDS' website, they have user-submitted pictures/profiles you can look at.

Works great: http://bds-suspension.com/bar

Everything this gentleman asked needs to be answered. I have the EXACT same questions. I'm looking at the Zone Offroad (BDS' "off brand") 4.5" lift.

Gas mileage affected much?

How was the pickup/"get up and go" affected?

I, too, want a side view, please!!!

By the way, guys. If you go to BDS' website, they have user-submitted pictures/profiles you can look at.

Works great: http://bds-suspension.com/bar

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Let me try to answer as best as I can and here are a couple of additional pictures.

It's hard for me to say how much the ride and gas mileage has been affected since I barely drove the truck before having everything installed. I do mostly city driving in the beach cities of Los Angeles and get about 9-11 MPG. Pretty terrible, but if I would have wanted gas mileage... Also, I got dirt biking a couple of times a month and get on the freeway and the gas mileage improves to 13-15 MPG.

I have the 6.2L and 3.73 rear end.

The power of this truck is just F-ING incredible! When I am playing in the desert after unloading the dirt bikes it almost scares me. I turn the traction control off and put it to the floor. I think I could do donuts until it runs out of gas! No problems with pick up and acceleration on surface streets or freeway either. Very, very powerful.

If you have anything else, feel free to email me [email protected]

truck_2.jpg

truck_1.jpg

Screen_Shot_2014_05_07_at_12_12_32_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2014_05_07_at_12_12_18_PM.pn

I know this is asking alot, but could you take a pic from the rear directly down the side. I want to see the offset and how bad the front sticks out farther than the rear. I am concerned about the look because I know the front end sits out 1.5 inches wider than the rear. The idea of that is driving me nuts.