Live Drive: 2015 Silverado and Sierra HD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. All carryover

That is very impressive that a platform that was released in 2011 still the same if not better then the other big 2 HD trucks... 4 plus year old platform that was designed probably a year or 2 before it was released.

I will have a complete write up on my first drive of the HD's in a few days. There's a lot to tell. These trucks are great and I think I can answer some of the common questions that have been floating around.

For example: Why didn't the 6.2L get used instead of the "old" 6.0L? Because the 6.2L is aluminum and the 6.0L is iron. As great as 6.2L is for a 1500, it would not cut the required durability for a 2500/3500 application.

More on the way...

• 2 weeks later...

I will have a complete write up on my first drive of the HD's in a few days. There's a lot to tell. These trucks are great and I think I can answer some of the common questions that have been floating around.

For example: Why didn't the 6.2L get used instead of the "old" 6.0L? Because the 6.2L is aluminum and the 6.0L is iron. As great as 6.2L is for a 1500, it would not cut the required durability for a 2500/3500 application.

More on the way...

Did you ever do the write-up or did I just miss it?

Archived