Odd errors on DIC

Something odd just happened. Started the truck and the DIC started to alert me to a bunch of items requiring service. They were popping up so fast it was hard to see them all, so I'll say what I can remember. "Power steering reduced power, please drive carefully" "Stabilitrak requires service" "Park assist requires service" along with the button flashing. Might have been a couple more but they kept popping up over the last on before I could read them.

Turned off the vehicle and restarted, same thing. One more time, same thing. 4th try all errors gone. I quickly plugged in my OBD2 scanner and received an error code that I failed to save due to lack of experience with the tool, something like U00## (where ## = 72 or something like that). Can Communication Bus A ....something something. Can't seem to recover the exact code now and drove home fine.

Thoughts? I'm scheduled to drop it off at the dealer for some other items next week so I'll mention it to them as well.

Could be a power problem.. If the system is starved for power, all those warnings will go apeshit. Happened with my '07 Sierra NBS. Ended up swapping out the battery cables and cleaning up the ground.

Archived