HID high beam stuck on passenger side

After installing my aftermarket HIDs and having no issues for about a week, I just noticed my passenger side light has the high beam stuck on the on position.

I've tried turning on my high beams and turning them back off but it looks to be stuck.

Is this electrical related or mechanical related? I mean, do I need to take the headlamp assembly apart or is it a fix on the electrical wiring side?

I have no clue how it works....and advice? Should I just take it into the dealership and say the high beams screwed up or would they say its because I installed a aftermarket HID kit?

The bi-halogen shutter is operated by an ECM attached to the rear of headlight housing which uses dedicated wires to actuate the shutter servo. Simply put, the wires to the shutter have no interaction with your HID bulbs/ballasts. That said, it is possible that when installing your HIDs, you might have pulled the passenger headlight bulb's wiring too hard/far and caused a problem with the other wiring within the headlight.

Your best alternative is to replace the factory halogen bulbs and take to dealer for inspection/service. It could simply be a part failure or it could be the result of damage. No way to really know. Odds are the dealer will just order a completely new headlight housing, as interor headlight replacement parts are not available to dealers.

That does sound like the safest way to go. I'll have to buy replacement caps before taking it in....I don't want the dealership to say anything about the headlight housing caps having a hole in them.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

Archived