Vibration in Floorboard, Not Speed/Tire Related

• 7 months later...

First off, I did a search and the only thread that appeared was the 41 page "Shake or Vibration" thread. But after looking through about half of it, nobody appeared to have a problem similar to what I'm observing.

Since I've taken delivery of my Denali in December, I've been noticing a slight vibration in the floorboard when accelerating, and then at certain RPMs. I've had tire and balancing issues before on other vehicles, and this is definitely not related to the tires or even speed - my truck rides smooth as glass. My problem is related to engine RPMs and slight vibrations and is only noticed at my floorboard. The vibrations aren't too bad, but the issue is that my feet (mostly left and right heel) start going numb on moderate to long length drives. When I was younger I had a job as a bike assembler using power tools all day and I would experience the same numbness/tingling in my hands after a long day of building bikes. When the vibration occurs, I can generally let off the gas a little and it'll go away. But it's present much of the time. It's so slight that I didn't really care, but now that it's causing my feet to go numb, I can't ignore it.

Has anybody else noticed something similar? It feels like maybe a motor/transmission or body mount is bad. I'm going to mention it the next time I'm in for service, but wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing something similar.

Thanks.

I have the same issue with my truck, just noticed it about a month ago. It's a 2014 Silverado LTZ crew cab that I purchased brand new in September of 2014.

The vibration is coming from the drivers side floorboard at low speeds.

I need to bring it in for the 30k service soon so I'll be sure to ask about this issue. Hopefully it's something minor like a driveshaft U-joint.

Pete

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2016 at 6:59 PM, IronBear said:

I have the same issue with my truck, just noticed it about a month ago. It's a 2014 Silverado LTZ crew cab that I purchased brand new in September of 2014.

The vibration is coming from the drivers side floorboard at low speeds.

I need to bring it in for the 30k service soon so I'll be sure to ask about this issue. Hopefully it's something minor like a driveshaft U-joint.

Pete

Did you ever find an answer to your floorboard vibration?

• 3 months later...

Hello, this seems to be one of the only threads I could find on the buzzing/vibration in the pedal. I just purchased a 2018 sierra denali and seem to have recently started to feel this issue. Does anyone have an update on it, because it is driving me insane. It seems to only be at low rpm's, then goes away. I don't feel like I noticed it when I first bought the truck. I just hit 2,500 miles. Someone mentioned the 4 wheel drive not disengaging. I did have a little situation a month ago where I was cleaning the truck and accidentally switched the 4 wheel drive to 4H while cleaning and didn't notice it until I started it up and drove 1/2 mile... could that of done something? I honestly have a hard time believing I would need to have a brand new 60K truck looked at already for something. 

PS  - I read something about double sided tape... is that really a trick that works? I'll try anything. 

Edited by jdaddy33

This seems to be the best thread designated to this issue. I guess my next question is what to do next? Do I contact the dealer and have them look at it? or wait till it gets worse? I am assuming, if something is truly wrong it would be covered under the warranty still being that it is brand new. I would hope they would not charge me just to take a look?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:33 AM, jdaddy33 said:

This seems to be the best thread designated to this issue. I guess my next question is what to do next? Do I contact the dealer and have them look at it? or wait till it gets worse? I am assuming, if something is truly wrong it would be covered under the warranty still being that it is brand new. I would hope they would not charge me just to take a look?

They won’t charge to look at it but will say it’s within normal range. It is frustrating. 

10 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Does it seem to happen at about 1500-1800 rpms only? V8 or V4 ?

yes, only 1500 - 1900 rpm, I'm not sure about v8 or v4, I don't really watch that. Actually made my wife drive it last night and she noticed it...

On 12/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, jdaddy33 said:

yes, only 1500 - 1900 rpm, I'm not sure about v8 or v4, I don't really watch that. Actually made my wife drive it last night and she noticed it...

For me it’s 15-1900 and doesn’t matter v8 or v4

• 1 month later...

Update: mine seems to have a mind of its own. It tends to come and go. I cannot figure it out, but when it occurs the entire truck seems to not drive great (sluggish), then I'll get a few days where it's perfect and no vibration and runs awesome, which is what is frustrating as hell! I'm almost due for my first service and I plan to bring it up, but I doubt it'll go anywhere...

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, JSB81 said:

For me it’s 15-1900 and doesn’t matter v8 or v4

Same with Mine. V8, V4 Tow Haul on or Off, doesn't matter.

Seems to run fine but just an annoying floorboard vibration as if someone has turned on an oscillating tool under the floorboard.

Not real strong but noticeable.

• 2 months later...