Backup camera with weird yellow tint? normal?

I too have yellow tint on the back up camera display. Don’t notice it on our 2010 Terrain. And the display is defiantly not HD, with or without bifocals on. I was curious, I basically only have experience with this camera in snow. White on white on white. Now, the other owners experiencing this problem, is it more noticeable on the sunny days? Are those having problem in the same situation of one solid light color, like snow or for the lucky ones, sand? Thanks for your thoughts.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it has the tint too, but the resolution kills me. One overshadows the other I suppose. Cant wait to get off work and go home so I can get the darn thing in, to address it's issues. 18 more days!

I'm sure the dealer can replace it thought if your resolution is really that bad...

I'm sure the dealer can replace it though if your resolution is really that bad...

Has the dealer replaced your camera yet? If so, did they fix the issue? I hate the camera in the '14s. I had an 07 with a camera attached to the OGM1 HU and it was beautiful. It's as if this camera was designed for a small rear view mirror screen and not the new MyLink.

post-100582-0-13207100-1392662474_thumb.jpg

Thats what Im comparing to. My last truck had it in the mirror, which i know will result in a nicer picture.. It was the quality of my GoPro2! But you'd think they would use a better camera for the bigger screen.

@portsider They haven't called me to let me know that its in yet...I'll have to call them tomorrow and schedule an appointment with them.

@pastduedate My yellow tint comes from light especially in the night time. If there's a street lamp, a building light, or other vehicle lights..... they show all yellow including whatever is reflecting off of that light. The snow doesn't show white for me...just when there is light reflecting off of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived