2015 Tahoe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are in the market for a new vehicles, but not at that price. The local dealer just got in a loaded LTZ - it's super nice, but sticker is $70k - that's not happening. We have a 2011 Yukon SLT with just about everything, which was just over $51. I was told that for this new body style, GM made the LS what the base LT was, the LT is what the LTZ was and the LTZ has new stuff that was not available before. We priced a LT with what ours has now and it was $58k. I feel that's too much for what we are getting. The dealer also just got the 2015 (new body style for the HD) LTZ, crew cab, diesel which has a sticker of $62 - I feel that's way more vehicle than the LTZ Tahoe at $70k.

It looks like these have moved from good middle class vehicles to upper middle class and beyond. I doubt these will be a volume seller like Tahoes of past. Where can you get a reasonably priced body on frame SUV now? I do like them though. The interior is top notch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, comparing a fully loaded LTZ 2014 on a build, it comes out to about $65k. So that's a $6k difference. $1k of that is destination charge. $2k of it is the difference in starting MSRP (2014 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 starts at $60k), so that leaves another $3k, which seems to be tied up in all the options and how much more they cost. The entertainment package alone is $1k more expensive than on the 2014 versions (because it includes MYLINK or whatever, I would guess).

I configured a 2015 with much more reasonable options and still got $58k, but to be fair to GM the new one has a lot of features my 2007 Tahoe doesn't have, like power folding 3rd row seats and blu-ray, MYLINK, etc. I think the sticker on mine new would have been about $50k.

Still, lots of room for somebody to step in and kick the crap out of them. Ford needs to put some pressure on them with an Expedition that doesn't suck horrendous balls.

what you don't realize was that the 2013 LTZ ran under 60k with almost everything. I know, I looked into them. They jumped the price halfway on the 2014 so people would so exactly what you did when you compared to previous models

The base price of a 2WD LTZ is $60,785.

Even with incentives and rebates you're likely going to be over $50k.

Of course, you can always buy a 1 year lease return for $35k.

I really love how these vehicles drop like rocks the minute they go off the lot. I'll let some other poor bastard take that hit. If you're buying a new car these days it only makes sense if you're going to own it for a decade or something.

My plan also. I'll probably replace mine one year after the 8 speed comes out, save around 20,000, use it to buy a year old WRX as a daily, lol

We thought about a Tahoe for the wife when the time comes but I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon. We can get a fully load Audi Q7 S-Line SuperCharged for $60K here, and that's with more options, etc.

We thought about a Tahoe for the wife when the time comes but I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon. We can get a fully load Audi Q7 S-Line SuperCharged for $60K here, and that's with more options, etc.

But isn't rated very good compared to it's competition, #16 out of the 19 tested.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Luxury-Midsize-SUVs/

The Rovers rank over the Audi according to that but I've never heard good things about them (few family friends have had them and they were nothing but trouble). I would personally never own one.

We got a 2014 Q7 for a week and it was really nice. Rode very well, plenty of power and surprisingly good fuel economy, at least when I drove.

Haven't seen any 2015 tahoes or yukons yet in my area. But slowly starting to see 2014 Silverado's. And as far as I know, im the only person with a 2014 SIerra in my area as well.

Archived