2015 Tahoe

My dealer has sold every one of the c7 vettes and the 6 new Tahoes that they've already received.

No shortage of people with money willing to spend it.

If you've got the cash and don't care about a "measly" $5k-$10k delta, just buy what you want.

To me, that $5k is important. To some other people, it's a rounding error. The type of stuff they can probably shake out of their golf back or couch cushions.

Or they financed the hell out of it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen any 2015 tahoes or yukons yet in my area. But slowly starting to see 2014 Silverado's. And as far as I know, im the only person with a 2014 SIerra in my area as well.

No worries, was at the rail yard in Chicago Heights the other day & you will definitely be seeing them. The volume of Tahoe/Yukons getting loaded on transport trucks was insane. Have seen a couple with plates rolling around the central IL area in the past few days.

Just saw one on the lot here in California, a pearl white, looked like a Denali. Just drove by it.

Gotta be honest, not a great fan of this design in that color combo. The chrome around the windows was really distracting.

I'd kind of like to see a Z71 or All-Terrain version of this.

EDIT Here's a super shitty photoshop I did in 5 minutes:

Qx945Vm.jpg

I would love to see a ruggedized Tahoe/Yukon like this.

Saw my first 15 Tahoe. It was black, think an LT. Didn't stand out at all on the road. I only notice because I'm a gear head and notice EVERY car on the road(I can name every car that passes almost immediately , even in heavy traffic).

That said, it does loom better in person, but the changes are SO minimal.

My wife didn't notice it at all. I remember when the 07s came out, they just about would stop traffic. I think automobile mag said they were driving through Hollywood and people in 200k+ cars would be checking them out.

They'll just do 84 and 96 month financing on them to get the payment down........

People will do it too. That's why this crap just keeps getting more and more ridiculous because people just go ahead and pay it.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

Yup. The sub prime craze went to autos. Congress......lol. They'_ll investigate after the next meltdown and everyone is in upside down on their car loans, and ask how this was hidden for so long, call the banks criminal for giving loans to people who buy stuff they can't afford, it's not their fault they have no self control.

There are two used LTZ on auto trader with under 11 miles. One for 59k with 2200 miles. Looks like impulse buys people knew they couldn't make the first payment on. Probably see a lot of these soon. Freshly used will be the way to get one cheap.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought the '15 Tungsten Metallic (Gunmetal) Tahoe in Mar, bigger and badder than all other Tahoes. I can quantify that because I owned a Tahoe since 01. Just sold an '08 and now I got the '15 (still have an '01). Other than the name, they don't compare. I can write a Tahoe book if someone wants to shoot some questions

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I traded in a 2012 Avalanche LTZ for a 2015 Tahoe LT a couple of days ago. I find every part of the Tahoe superior. The interior materials are improved. The navigation is more intuitive and has far more features (e.g. my LTZ had no blue tooth). The ride is just as smooth if not smoother. The improved 5.3 engine has more umph and does not sweat hills or anything else. The 3.4 gear to axle ratio is definitely better than the 3.08 I had in my avalanche in terms of not finding gears when going on hills. I find the steering and handling much tighter than the Avalanche.

I like the interior layout much better. I like how I do not have to look down to check my navigation location. The gauges are better placed. I like that I can now fold the 3rd row seat down to have cargo space along with the floor storage area. Outside, I like the more aggressive lines. I get 3-4 better mpg on the highway with my 4x4 tahoe than my 4x2 avalanche.

The safety features blow the avalanche away. The Lane monitor and blind spot sensors work great. The front collision sensor is spot on.

It is definitely expensive, which is why I got the LT this time around. The luxury package makes it close to the LTZ without being an LTZ.

I first fell in love with the 2015 Tahoe when I rented one to move from NYC to Augusta. I had a 1300 mile test drive of the vehicle, I knew I eventually wanted to get it. No regrets.

10606076_10101518411053977_6383888807779

greg_tahoe84 - I can validate everything you said about the LT, about a 6 in loss in cargo space compared to prevoius version, but there may be potential problems down the road. Other than my posts, there are not many posts from other '15 Tahoe "owners", only posts from folks driving the Tahoe as a replacement vehicle.

For starters, read the threads that talk about the '15 Tahoe so that you will be advised of a potential issue or information with your vehicle. For example, the instrument panel cluster, AC, spongy suspension specific to your model Tahoe. But more importantly, follow the threads of the sheet metal separation with the Yukon versions. Since Yukon and Tahoe are interchangeale, there is a need to be concerned. I am not convinced that GM has worked out the problem. If I had known about the issue prior to my sale, I would have not purchased. Although like I stated in other posts, I am not experiencing the problem, but the jury is still out.

You are correct in your Tahoe assessment, I have all the options in mine. The '15 Tahoe sits higher than previous versions and some point in time you should get 20 inch wheels; the wider foot print minimizes roll in a vehicle this size.

Archived