Transmissions Issues/Problems

Who else is having a transmission issue? I saw the thread about hard shift into 2nd, but towing yesterday at 65 mph the transmission literally jolted the truck like it fell out on the freeway, scared the sh*t out of me. Also under acceleration it feels at times like it cant find the right gear, hesitates a bit then finds it. Also when decelerating, letting off the gas it paused then hits. Wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues. Ive taken it twice to my local dealership and both times they say "Sorry, we couldnt get it to replicate for us, here are your keys."

Edited by MotoMedic
Added Topic Tags

Mine has awful shifting into 2nd either up or down shift. Sometimes it's OK. Last time I took it in I asked to check latest TCM software he said it had latest. My truck was built in July and have had since end of July can't believe they haven't come out with anything to improve this.

I have a 2014 Denali with the 6.2 and 3.42 rear end. My transmition has a awkard shift into second gear. The dealer said that this is normal because of the low first gear. Of course that is BS. The true is that these trucks have all been programed for max fuel economy. We will all have to wait for a an after market tuner to fix the driveability issues. I like my truck, but it could be so much more. I came out of a 2010 Tundra. The Toyota had a very good drive train.

I wish GM would learn that most people buy a truck because it's fun to drive not because of fuel economy. Or atleast that my opion. They should offer two programing options. One for fuel economy and one for those of us that want the best performance possible from our trucks.

• Like 6

No different than my last two Ford's with the 6 speed. Wish I had a dollar for each time I had those reflashed as well.

This Chevrolet shifts no different.

you hit on the problem right there. now that things can just be re-flashed, the manufactures don't feel it necessary actually validating the system when they can just send an update to correct a glitch or even work around an issue with the hardware

What rear end gear is your How much weight are you towing
3.42 gears4,800 lbs
What rear end gear is your How much weight are you towing
3.42 gears4,800 lbs
I have a 2014 Denali with the 6.2 and 3.42 rear end. My transmition has a awkard shift into second gear. The dealer said that this is normal because of the low first gear. Of course that is BS. The true is that these trucks have all been programed for max fuel economy. We will all have to wait for a an after market tuner to fix the driveability issues. I like my truck, but it could be so much more. I came out of a 2010 Tundra. The Toyota had a very good drive train. I wish GM would learn that most people buy a truck because it's fun to drive not because of fuel economy. Or atleast that my opion. They should offer two programing options. One for fuel economy and one for those of us that want the best performance possible from our trucks.
Yea, I've debated the new body style diesel 2500

The Diablosport tune did wonders for the engine and transmission. It is a whole different truck now.

Hmm, I need nerf bars, but sounds like Lew Tune is what may be next immediately

• Like 1

Who else is having a transmission issue? I saw the thread about hard shift into 2nd, but towing yesterday at 65 mph the transmission literally jolted the truck like it fell out on the freeway, scared the sh*t out of me. Also under acceleration it feels at times like it cant find the right gear, hesitates a bit then finds it. Also when decelerating, letting off the gas it paused then hits. Wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues. Ive taken it twice to my local dealership and both times they say "Sorry, we couldnt get it to replicate for us, here are your keys."

Hello TexasRadar,

We recognize your frustration, and apologize that your transmission concerns haven't been fully resolved. We'd like to investigate this matter further for you and work towards possibly addressing your concerns. If this interests you, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Thank you,

Amber N. (assisting Jennifer & Kristen)

GM Customer Care

Hello TexasRadar,

We recognize your frustration, and apologize that your transmission concerns haven't been fully resolved. We'd like to investigate this matter further for you and work towards possibly addressing your concerns. If this interests you, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Thank you,

Amber N. (assisting Jennifer & Kristen)

GM Customer Care

PM sent

Same with my truck. One instance I was in the turning lane slowing down with brake slightly waiting for a car nine left lane to pass so I could pull into said lane, but, as the car passed I took my foot off the brake and hit the gas to get in the flow of traffic and the truck did nothing, I mean nothing. Like the truck was engulfed in a stupid confusion, it sat there while I pressed the gas pedal further and further getting pretty worried about the whole new set of cars getting bigger and bigger in my mirrors. I took my foot off gas and pushed back in and it finally roared forward spinning the tires like I was 16 all over again, only this time I was scared...

The transmission has acted up from time to time but a similar incident may have the potential to cause a wreck given the right circumstances.

Wasn't towing anything. Completely stock sierra 5.3 2wd 3:42 gears.

• Like 3