2000 PCV Valve location

Ok i got a PCV valve for my moms blazer (4.3).  I was wondering where it is located. I searched around but couldnt find it.

I also changed the air filter (truck is 3.5 yrs old) and it was FILTHY only 26K miles too

its so darn cluttered under the blazers hood.  I like how much room there is under my silverado.  The blazers have zero room to manueavuer.  I changed the air filter and the radiator hose ( i think thats what it was it was hot as ####) runs like right over the intake (pretty close)

Yeah, it's on the valve cover one side or the other.  I say this because the book I was using showed it on the driver's side and it ended up actually being on the other side, go figure.

PS - wait till you go to change the plugs, wires, cap and rotor on that 4.3.  Be prepared to spend a few hours.  Not much room to work at all.

PS - wait till you go to change the plugs, wires, cap and rotor on that 4.3.  Be prepared to spend a few hours.  Not much room to work at all.

it shouldnt be bad we did my dads last yr and it didnt take long (it helps that hes a mechanic)

I remember doing the plugs on moms Lumina van many moons ago. Had the 2.8 (I believe) mounted transversely. The bottom of the windshield was about even with the centerline of the motor. The whole backside was in the dark.

Had to bust loose the motor mounts and jack the van up, and still had to do those back three plugs blind.

More fun than a root canal.

Archived