Crew Cab vs Double Cab Seat Size

I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger on a new truck. In my particular case, with the trucks I'm looking at based on current incentives, there is a $7K difference between the Crew Cab and the Double Cab. The Crew Cab has leather whereas the Double Cab has a leather / cloth mix. If I was to get the Double Cab I would want to have Katzkins leather installed, but I can only seem to find it for the Crew Cab. From all the pictures I've seen online the front and rear seats between the two cab styles seem to be the same, only the physical cab size is obvisiously bigger on the Crew Cab.

Can anybody confirm / deny the seating is the exact same?

Also are the seats interchangable between the Silverado and the Sierra? ie a leather kit for a Silverado would also fit in the Sierra?

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT* Already got a reply back from Katzkins. Anybody else interested in this info, the front seats are the same between the two cabs but the double cab rear seats are different. The seats are interchangable between the Sierra and the Silverado, same leather kit.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crew cab is obviously great, but I honestly love the double cab. This is my second "extended" cab truck and also had an Avalanche which was essentially a crew. The double cab has 3" more legroom than the old extended cabs used to, and I feel there is enough room. I am 6'1" and have buddies taller than me. We've had 4 in there on a 3.5 hour trip up north and had absolutely no complaints from the guys in back. I also like that the double cab gives a little more of an "athletic" stance/look to it than the crew cab. The other bonus is getting the standard bed size (the short bed is almost useless to me) without having to pay even more AND extending the overall wheelbase like you'd have to do on the crew. On top of all that, saving $$ is always a plus!

I looked at both the Crew and Double cab models. I sat in rear of a Double Cab Sierra and the rear of a Crew Cab Silverado. The seats in the Double cab did not feel the same as the Crew and were very uncomfortable in my opinion. I felt like I was being forced into the shape of a backwards "C" in the Double cab. I believe the Double cab seats are smaller although I did not make any measurements to confirm that.

Since I'll more often have passengers than stuff in the bed I opted for the Crew cab. I believe it will hold a slightly higher resale value as well so I wasn't too concerned about the difference in price. I'd suggest before you make a decision try sitting in the back of each to determine a comfort level with the seat.

Also, a bonus of the Crew cab is quick access to more covered storage area when you're not transporting passengers. Throwing groceries, etc in the rear is easier than in the bed in my opinion.

Pro's and Con's .... all depends on your needs..

Double cab - yes, I agree a little more "athletic" stance to me. Longer bed, less leg room in the back.

Crew cab - more room... but shorter bed. I for one have to have a toolbox in my truck bed. With the standard crew cab, by the time you add a tool box you are left with like 3 feet of useable bed space... near nothing.

Yes, you can get the long bed crew cab.. but it's like driving a bus IMO.

For me... double cab... since I have no kids, very rarely more than 1 passenger riding with me. Plus the cost is less.

The double cab rear seat seat size is perfect.........it's where I put the stuff I don't want in the truck bed when I travel! I rarely have passengers in the back seat.

Now if I can just stop opening the front door to open the rear door!!

My thinking between the two cabs is if I need to haul something I can always tow a trailer behind...the overall versatility of the bigger Cab and the way it looks in general is keeping me from going with a double cab. When I had my 07 ext. cab my son was just born so he was still small and the ext cab actually looked good.

The crew cab rear seats are NOT the same size as the double cab seats. The double cab is the new extended cab as in older trucks. The rear seats from extended cabs compared to the rear seats of the crew cabs were never the same.

I like my double cab, but sometimes wish I got a crew cab when I get some of my buddies in the truck it can get a little tight.

I was faced with a similar decision, just opposite.. I could have gone with a double cab SLT with fold down bench in front but leather or go crew cab SLE and if needed get katzkin later on. I went with the crew cab SLE/katzkin option because my large hairy dog fits on the rear seat better and because it had a floor mounted center console.

All in all I wish I had gotten the double cab SLT, same price basically but it had factory leather, BOSE, front radar whatever like the back bumper, trailer brake controler, the cool looking headlights...

I was looking at nothing but Crew Cab Silverados. I only needed a back seat for my 2 granddaughters a couple of times a month, and that was my main reason for buying a new truck. I was happy with a low mileage '98 Regular cab with just 2 buckets seats and a console. Then I saw the Double Cab LTZ in a display on the Showroom floor. At first glance I thought it was a Crew Cab. It looked great so I sat in the back myself. I was fine back there. Way more room than the Camaro next to it. Plenty of room for the 5 and 9 year old girls. This truck came with 20" wheels, the Sport Package, Lane Departure and Parking Assist, Bose Stereo, the cool headlights, Siding rear window and the nice leather interior with the console I like. I am usually by myself or with just one other person so the rear seating is a minor concern to me. It was about 4 grand cheaper than the LTZ Crew Cabs and fit my needs perfectly. I could have gotten a Crew and had more back seat room that I didn't need, but that seemed silly. After all it's a truck not a limo. To my eye the Double cab looked like a truck should. So I bought it and am very happy I did. If I had teenage boys I probably would have gotten the Crew Cab.

I like my new double cab way more than my 2011 extended cab Silverado. I don't have to open the front doors to let passengers in and out, have less issues opening them in tight spaces and passengers tell me they are more comfortable than the extended cab back seats. Like Northside, I really like the way my LTZ is equipped and it fits in the garage.

I kind of wish I would of ordered the crew cab with the 6.5 foot bed. I don't think a little bit more wheelbase would hurt an already long truck. I think the side profile would look pretty normal. I didn't want to give up the extra bed length but a little moe room in the back seat for grand kids would be nice. All in all though I am happy with it but would like for winter to piss off so I could enjoy on smooth roads and warm weather. I think it will then show how nice of truck it really is.

If the double cabs were out when I got mine I would have probably got one but I didn't want to wait for them. Now that I have my crew cab I'm happy I don't have the double. It all depends on your use, if you have kid or put people back there a lot crew cab is the way to go. If your just putting your random items double cab...

I posted in another thread, the 2014 Crew Cab has more than enough rear leg room. I had a couple of 6-4, 6-5 guys in the back of mine on a hunting trip recently and there was more than enough room for both of them.

And I agree with the long bed option; I also had a 2011 and it was way, way too much and was like driving a school bus and awful to park, especially in public parking lots. You see very few of them on the road and I think there's a reason.....

The room in the crew cab isn't even comparable to the double cab if you ask me. And you guys are talking about losing bed length with the crew. This is untrue, you can get the crew cab with the 6'6" bed. The double cab is cramped in the back seat and the crew cab has tons of room and very comfortable.

Archived