2015 Silverado / Sierra 1500

2018GMC

Anyone have information on updates or options for 2015 1/2 ton Silverado / Sierra?

New options?

New colors?

Optional 8 speed transmission?

Minimal changes?

I know the 2015 Silverado / Sierra HD have been announced and are due on dealer lots soon.

Just wondering when we can expect information on 2015 1500 models. April? May?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no word at all on an 8 speed from GM so unless they suddenly got good at keeping secrets it won't happen. Maybe color changes but even that is real soon. I'd like to see the 6.2 become available across more trim levels as I'm hoping to buy a new truck next year and wouldn't mind the big motor. Probably the last chance we'll get for a bit V8 before the govt ruins everything with lofty CAFE standards.

There is no word at all on an 8 speed from GM so unless they suddenly got good at keeping secrets it won't happen. Maybe color changes but even that is real soon. I'd like to see the 6.2 become available across more trim levels as I'm hoping to buy a new truck next year and wouldn't mind the big motor. Probably the last chance we'll get for a bit V8 before the govt ruins everything with lofty CAFE standards.

agree!

Maybe GM will have some significant improvements in 2016 model year? To combat new 2015 F150 and EcoDiesel Fiat.

I'm not so confident the Ram diesel will be the runaway success folks think it will be. Everyone loves to say they want a diesel but when it adds thousands to the price, how many will truly bite? VW can pull it off on their cars because models like the Jetta aren't too expensive to begin with. But when most of us here are already spending say $35-$45,000 there isn't as much room as a sedan that runs low-mid $20k.

I'm not so confident the Ram diesel will be the runaway success folks think it will be. Everyone loves to say they want a diesel but when it adds thousands to the price, how many will truly bite? VW can pull it off on their cars because models like the Jetta aren't too expensive to begin with. But when most of us here are already spending say $35-$45,000 there isn't as much room as a sedan that runs low-mid $20k.

True, but it will get people talking & IN THE SHOWROOM. If someone does not research GM trucks or stumble across the info, GM is not advertising all the differences between the old/new motors. Average person will just see the same displacement assuming they are a carry over at best.

If the 2015 yukons and HD's are already arriving on the lots, when will GM flip to 2015's on the Sierras? I have a 2014 Denali 6.2 that was ordered 12 weeks ago with no tpw yet. If it's April or May then I might as well start over on a 2015 right?

For the GMT900 platform, GM released model year order info in late March / early April. I would assume this schedule would continue with K2 platform.

Or they are trying to sell down 2014 inventory before releasing 2015 information....

February is almost halfway over so maybe we will see info in the coming month(s)

Hello Everyone,

I know you all are excited for the new 2015 Sierra/ Silverado. Please feel free to visit either http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-2500hd-heavy-duty-trucks.html or http://www.gmc.com/sierra-trucks/heavy-duty-pickups.html for any updates on the vehicle you are interested in. Unfortunately, we do not receive any information on future products, but they are available to be ordered at your dealerships. If you need any assistance with ordering your desired vehicle please let us know.

Best Regards,

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

Based on history, nothing significant will change for 2015. Unless GM is smart and adds mag shock option and selectable performance/shift modes. Dodge is innovating and stealing GM's market share. Maybe GM will wake up, but probably not.

GM used to innovate every 7yrs or so. They are stuck in this mode, while others that innovate sooner steal market share.

No big changes in 2015. Expect an interior refresh for upper trim levels in 2016. Look at the Tahoe for a sneak peak.

Are you making things up again? GM has already stated that the trucks and SUVs intentionally have different interiors. They wanted to give the trucks a more functional/utilitarian feel and the SUVs a more luxurious car feel. The trucks will not get the SUV interior.

GM usually starts building new model year vehicles toward the end of the summer for fall delivery to dealers. They now tend to not release much info prior to that to keep their current inventories moving. Like others have said, don't expect much for 2015. Maybe a few color changes. Probably some different wheel choices. Probably some package updates. Nothing significant this first year. Maybe when Ford's new trucks come out GM will make some more significant updates to keep buyers interested.

GM needs to iron out the issues before it adds more variables to the mix. And even though 8 speeds aren't what I would want in a truck, at this point it seems inevitable given the market trends and consumer demands for car-like performance.

And given how impressive the f150 and rams are with so many little details I can't see the gm's being the overall best truck out there for a while. The packages are so lame and they're just made to take your money. The Z71 is a joke at this point and the ltz trims are absurdly priced.

For the LCI I hope they really give more flexible trims and overall attention to detail and quality. Is an LT with quality xenon lights too much to ask for?

If the 2015 yukons and HD's are already arriving on the lots, when will GM flip to 2015's on the Sierras? I have a 2014 Denali 6.2 that was ordered 12 weeks ago with no tpw yet. If it's April or May then I might as well start over on a 2015 right?

It has been a long time since I looked at the production schedule, but *thinking* the switch to 2015 half tons was set for September. So back to normal. But again, it has probably been a year since looking at that & no longer have the link.

As far as innovation, may be some of you guys that own them & shopped the competition can name what the GM trucks have that Ford & Ram do not? Ford has risked twin turbos & upcoming aluminum body panels while Ram risked coils & air bags as well as bringing a diesel. As mentioned, even if it just gets people talking & in the showroom buying gassers, it is a success. At least I would think.

Not aiming this to bash GM, but what did they innovate or risk with the K2's?

For the GMT900 platform, GM released model year order info in late March / early April. I would assume this schedule would continue with K2 platform.

Or they are trying to sell down 2014 inventory before releasing 2015 information....

February is almost halfway over so maybe we will see info in the coming month(s)

better start offering BIG incentives to move the problem 2014......

The Z71 is a joke at this point.

What is people's hang up with the Z71? It never was a special package, it was always fluff. In it's "prime" you got skidplates, the bigger air filter, maybe better tire and the only thing I'd miss were the Bilsteins. Ram and Ford's Outdoorsman and FX4 are no better or more capable aside from the Ford getting a real locker but I seem to be in the minority over wanting that over a G80.

Archived