Toyo MT Snow review.

STINSAN3

Well with all the snow we got in the last 24 hours, between 7 & 12 inches of snow. Depending where you live in my area. Figured this would be a real good time to test how good my Toyo MT tires are. They sure did do a very good job.

More it snows, better the tire does, imo. With only an inch or two they do okay, seems more slippery.
But with all that snow we had, I was bored last night, so I decided to see how good they really were. Pulling out in my driveway, its kinda steep, to get out of my driveway, it goes up, (yeah I know, its weird).
Had it in 4HI, didn't even spin at all. Once, I got into town, it was covered, so I put it in 2WD. It spun a little when I gave more gas, only small inclines/slopes. It got more worse, so I decided to put it in 4HI, it does really good, straight line that is. Once you turn at a red-light or something, it pushes when you're going slow. Other than that, left it pretty much in 2wd for the night.

Once I got home, I live in a pretty good sized subdivision. The road going up is real steep, probably like 4 .tenths of a mile. So, I decided to leave it 2wd. It does really good, I did spin coming up, but proper throttle response is key. Was a little sideways, nothing major, made it without a problem really.
Once I get on my street (actually drive) its pretty hilly and curvy, no one left since I did and that was 2 hrs ago. My tracks were covered. So with that being said, we had 6 inches on my street. So, once again I decided to leave it in 2WD, man I tell you, that thing didn't have a problem at all getting up the road.

With all that being said, I'm really impressed with these tires.
With the lugs being aggressive and deep, that why they do better with more snow, imo.
Will buy these again!! If not might get the MT ATZ's or MT's, only tires I would try.

One thing that really does help me in 2WD, I do have an Auburn locker in my rearend, so that definitely helps out A LOT! Plus, having 4.56's gears, its easier to turn those 35's!

• 3 years later...

Archived