My 2014 Denali Modifications

I did catch it and am aware (ARM Research). But I'm waiting for their 2015 model which will have the chrome trim edge somewhat like what the Ford Platinum/Limited trucks come with. I think that those will look better especially in the closed/up position as their chrome trim edge will compliment the chrome horizontal OEM door edge trim strips on the Denali.

They already have that option. I have had the strips on my AMP boards since November. Looks great and does match the chrome door trim. The strips are highly polished stainless steel, not chrome. It is considered an AMP accessories and can be added to the newer type boards like the ones for the 2014 model. Here is the link:

http://www.amp-research.com/trim-outshines/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you run the Retrax Drain tubes with your bedrug? I am looking for innovative ways to try to hide the drain tubes.

On mine, I drilled 2 holes in the vertical panel of the front of the bed (behind the cab), in line with where the tubes connect to the base of the Retrax housing and approx 3" up from the floor of the bed, purchased some 3/4" OD x 1/2" ID rubber grommets (Ace Hdwe) and installed them then ran the Retrax drain tubes through them and downward between the cabin and front of the bed. I also have a carpeted BedRug bed liner so I just cut 1/2" ID holes in it on the face of the grommets then inserted the drain hoses thru the BedRug carpet into and through the grommets.

As they are clear, from inside the bed You can't really see the tubes unless you look for them and from outside you can only see them if you climb under the truck which I had to do to pull them downward to direct the drainage. This install provided a clean fit and finish (using the grommets) and will protect the bed as I silicone'd the grommets in place to protect the bed sheet metal from future rust.

I've checked numerous times after washing the truck and have yet to find evidence of any water in the bed or carpet. Key is to take your time, plan out your install and have the proper tools (drill bit, grommets, and sealant) plus someone to help push the hoses thru when your under the truck to grab them and direct them downward as they will want to stop when they hit the back of the cab when being pushed through the grommets.

Now legal in Alaska (new tags); rolled off the OEM GY SR-A' and installed a set of Hankook I-Pike studded tires for the remainder of the winter snow & ice season then will revert back to the A/T's or something of the likes in Spring. Would like to size up the tires but not sure what to consider in terms of height & width as I don't plan to lift the truck anymore than I already did which was the 1-1/2" front leveling. If anyone here has recommendations for up'ing from the OEM 275/55R20's do let me know.

Truck does ride and handle fairly good while in 4WHD with the I-Pikes of course the roads here are pretty much covered in snow and patches of ice which make for a bumpy ride anyway.

Nice Truck Rewillia. Just one suggestion about your possible boards now that you're in the north. Maybe the new 2015's would be different but I know of two guys that wrecked theirs this year buy them freezing up. (one was on a Ford - so maybe it did that on purpose). But I know of one for sure that parks in a heated garage at night which is fine but when he drove on the ice and slush roads, when the boards froze up, that's when they were wrecking themselves.

Not to say they'll all be like that but just from what I've seen

Waiting on Republic Carriers enclosed transporter to pickup the truck today and haul it to Tacoma WA where it will transfer to a whale back roll-on/roll-off ferry for onward protected transport to Anchorage. All in about 4 weeks transit time.

Last night I completed my engine block heater install by installing a 110 vlt marine grade power socket plug in the front left fog light housing as I didn't want to have its cord hanging out of the hood and dangling about. I think this is a "clean" install that will work out well. While I was at it, also installed the same (plug) on my Land Rover which as well is being shipped to Alaska.

Neat job. I wondered what to do about the block heater cord. I don't care to have it dangle out of the hood either. I have the block heater but where did you get the other parts for this?

Nice mods and GL in AK... It never crossed my mind to CF wrap the roof till now but that's defiantly something I might do. I just CF wrapped my ecig haha

Neat job. I wondered what to do about the block heater cord. I don't care to have it dangle out of the hood either. I have the block heater but where did you get the other parts for this?

I used a marine grade 110vlt plug adapter. They are available on Amazon, and from various manufacturers such as Marinco

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-150BBI-On-Board-Charger-125-Volt/dp/B000NI38MG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395800546&sr=8-3&keywords=marine+power+outlet

post-128133-0-02875400-1395800468_thumb.jpg

post-128133-0-18245500-1395800717_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

nice truck, love the block heater install! I was told that you cannot run the front splash guards with the AMP running boards, does anyone have them?

I put on the oem gmc splash guards just fine and I have the AMPs.

JC

I really like that roof. Where/how did you get it done? I doubt anyone around here does stuff like that, but I have to ask

Where are you located VMax. The VW deal in Saskatoon had a couple of Gen V GTi's done where the hoods and roofs where vinyl wrapped with the same look going. For my last ride, I had a couple of shops in the area that did it. Pelican signs, Emerald Expression, there were others, but that was a couple of years ago but you could start with them.

• 2 years later...

Do you have a factory block heater? I'm considering adding a block heater, any suggestions on factory one or coolant line models? Heck, do you even use it in TX?

Waiting on Republic Carriers enclosed transporter to pickup the truck today and haul it to Tacoma WA where it will transfer to a whale back roll-on/roll-off ferry for onward protected transport to Anchorage. All in about 4 weeks transit time.

Last night I completed my engine block heater install by installing a 110 vlt marine grade power socket plug in the front left fog light housing as I didn't want to have its cord hanging out of the hood and dangling about. I think this is a "clean" install that will work out well. While I was at it, also installed the same (plug) on my Land Rover which as well is being shipped to Alaska.

Archived