Updated info on All-Terrain package (rear bumper)

bdbake01

Ok, I'm about to order an AT pretty well fully loaded, but I was trying to get a few answers on some details. Such as the CornerStep bumpers, does it have or not. Well, answer seems to be not. Directly from the ordering guide via GM Chat (nice lady by name of Kayte, VERY helpful)

All-Terrain Package (SLT Trim Level)
This package includes:
18" x 8.5" chrome aluminum wheels
Off-Road Suspension Package w/ monotube Rancho shocks
Underbody Shield
Rear Park Assist
Carpeted with Cornersteps
All-Terrain side emblem replaces Z71 side emblem
**Sierra 1500's with the All-Terrain Package and with body color bumpers produced PRIOR to November 18th, 2013 will NOT INCLUDE rear bumper corner steps on the body color rear bumper!**

(This package is Available on the SLT trim level, please see note below:
Requires 4WD models, P265/65R18 all-terrain, blackwall tires OR P265/65R18 all-terrain, white outlined tires with 18" x 8.5" chrome aluminum wheels. NOT available with Driver Alert package. Includes front bucket seats and Bose premium audio system. Upgradeable to 20" wheels with 20" tires or LPO 20" and 22" tires and wheels.)

I did ask if this was the case for the Denali's as they seem to have switched back to having no CornerSteps. But she didn't know. She did put in a request to her ordering support dept. about this, so I may get an answer there.

Also on the rear sliding window, she could not find that as an option anywhere, so it seems unavailable as of today :(

So...anything built before November 18th, 2013 that was an AllTerrain did NOT get painted CornerStep rear bumpers. If you order you should have the corner step painted bumper. Rear slider was dropped a while back due to parts problems.

VT5: Bumper, rear body-color, with corner steps
1 - Included and only available with (GAT) All-Terrain Package.

I saw an All Terrain on the lot the other day that had a painted to match rear bumper with the steps.

My truck has the painted to match bumper with no steps.

I think you can order it either way.

Also my truck has the All Terrain emblem on the door and the Z71 4x4 decal on the bedside. Built in August 2013 i believe.

Correct. Built before Nov. 18 = no step. Post Nov. 18 = step. Disregard the sales literature. Personally this is rather disappointing as the no step option was a big selling point for the AT package for me. I'm going to see what, if anything my dealer can do for me. Swap anyone?

Rear slider has been dropped and then re-added numerous times. Several were produced in January '14 before being dropped. Again.

As of today, you CANNOT order a painted no step rear bumper. It can be painted, but it will have the CornerStep. You can still order the chrome as well, which has always been CornerStep.

fond/blad, niiiice rides! :)

Speaking of emblems, I've seen a few pics of trucks with Z71/4x4 EMBLEMS on the front fenders. NOT stickers/decals on the bed (that's a clear option to order). According to the chat lady:

That is part of the Suspension Package (Off-Road). That package includes:
Z71 Chrome Side Front Fender Emblems
Monotube Rancho brand shocks
Air cleaner
Hill Descent Control
Underbody Shield on 4WD models
Recovery Hooks on 2WD models
(This package is Available on the SLT trim level. It is included with the All-Terrain Package. It is available with optional 20" or 22" LPO wheels.)

Can anybody confirm this? I've only seen it a couple of times, but it looks pretty good.

keepup, I agree. They are straight up fugly, but man are they handy for getting into the bed. Honestly, if it wasn't for the smoother look of the AT, I'd put up with them. But I just liked the smooth bumper so much! I was going to install a drop down step to compensate for not having the bump step. Cake and eat it too kinda thing. I'm surprised I haven't seen an aftermarket "plug" to cover up the hole yet.

For those that have lived with these trucks in the winter, how bad does the step catch snow/salt/mud/etc?

keepup, I agree. They are straight up fugly, but man are they handy for getting into the bed. Honestly, if it wasn't for the smoother look of the AT, I'd put up with them. But I just liked the smooth bumper so much! I was going to install a drop down step to compensate for not having the bump step. Cake and eat it too kinda thing. I'm surprised I haven't seen an aftermarket "plug" to cover up the hole yet.

For those that have lived with these trucks in the winter, how bad does the step catch snow/salt/mud/etc?

The steps are mostly pointed to the side and rear, but they do catch a little debris at times. But they don't catch nearly as much as the back side of the bumper.

I have seen at least one member on here that painted the steps to match the truck and it looked pretty good. That might make some of you happy with the step.

If I decide to keep this truck I will be taking off the bumpers (with step) and having them chromed. The paint on the front practically falls off from sand and rock chips. I'm old school bumpers are chrome. I'd try the GM chrome but they are probably as cheap as the painted ones.

Archived