2014+ Engine & Transmission Tuning

Thanks, it was a great trip and well worth it. The ballpark cost is $200 to 250. They don't dyno trucks because of the danger of the drive shaft coming apart and messing up the truck and/or his dyno. He does have a super nice dyno. They only street tune trucks and they do a lot of late model GM trucks. They have street tuned an '06 Hummer H3 and an '11 Silverado 5.3 with a 3.08, for me, during the last five years. Everyone of them have been unbelievable results, especially the Hummer.

what CAI and exhaust are you running for your 6.2 I cannot find any company making those specific to the 6.2 yet.

CAI will be coming out with theirs in the near future.

Ryan

what CAI and exhaust are you running for your 6.2 I cannot find any company making those specific to the 6.2 yet.

The CAI I'm running is the Airaid designed for the 5.3. One of the other guys on here, TJay, did it first and then I followed his lead. The system works unbelieveably well, looks great, fits like a glove. Airaid says they don't plan to build a specific model for the 6.2 since this one serves the same purpose. It also has a huge snorkel coming out of the bottom of the air box that hangs down behind the grill, and man does it suck some air. It is definitely the best CAI system I have ever owned, and I have had 15 or 20 or them in the last 30 years. You are right, you can't find anything specifically marketed for the 6.2 yet.

As for the exhaust system. Mine is a custom cat back installed by a performance exhaust shop here in town. (Montgomery, Alabama). We simply cut the factory system off just behind the third cat and through it away. Then installed a 22" Magnaflow, single in, dual out, and fabricated two pipes to come straight out the back. The last 22" of the pipes are 4" chrome. Hope this helps. For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing on either system. They both far exceeded my expectations. Good luck with yours.

• Like 2

The CAI I'm running is the Airaid designed for the 5.3. One of the other guys on here, TJay, did it first and then I followed his lead. The system works unbelieveably well, looks great, fits like a glove. Airaid says they don't plan to build a specific model for the 6.2 since this one serves the same purpose. It also has a huge snorkel coming out of the bottom of the air box that hangs down behind the grill, and man does it suck some air. It is definitely the best CAI system I have ever owned, and I have had 15 or 20 or them in the last 30 years. You are right, you can't find anything specifically marketed for the 6.2 yet.

As for the exhaust system. Mine is a custom cat back installed by a performance exhaust shop here in town. (Montgomery, Alabama). We simply cut the factory system off just behind the third cat and through it away. Then installed a 22" Magnaflow, single in, dual out, and fabricated two pipes to come straight out the back. The last 22" of the pipes are 4" chrome. Hope this helps. For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing on either system. They both far exceeded my expectations. Good luck with yours.

I have a roto fab cai on my camaro and a K and N on my truck now. I love the roto fab, the k and n is kind of meh.. so to say. I dont know much about airraid so will need to do some research I guess. I do know I didnt really care for their closed box design on the camaro vs the open filter style of the roto fab...

As for the exhaust.. I also have a local pro shop... Im going to PM you for some more info on that :D

CorvetteOJ can you post a clip of your exhaust I have been trying to decide between the 22 and 18 inch magnaflow muffler. Also was wondering if that shop will reset to oem specs if you need to take it to the dealer? I live about 2 hours from Mooresville so it wouldn't be a bad drive to have a tune done there.

• Like 1

CorvetteOJ can you post a clip of your exhaust I have been trying to decide between the 22 and 18 inch magnaflow muffler. Also was wondering if that shop will reset to oem specs if you need to take it to the dealer? I live about 2 hours from Mooresville so it wouldn't be a bad drive to have a tune done there.

Id love to hear it to... Mutau95 if you go with one or the other keep me posted please

I'm sorry, can't post a clip due to my being technically challenged. Yes, they will reset it any time you want. As for the difference between the 18 & 22" magnaflow, I can't say, I have the 22" but have wondered if I made the right decision. Mine is pretty nice but my exhaust guy tells me the18 would give me more rumble. Good luck with your decision.

Alvin knows his stuff, he tuned my Trailblazer SS for me via the mail order tune back in the day. I may have to inquire about it again in the future as I have HP tuners myself. I would only be out the $100 for the license and his fee as well.

The "Dealer" CANNOT see the changes BUT... On the 2014's which are now on the global platform like the Vette and Duramax have been on since 2010, they can now tell if the ECM has been flashed by way of a little hidden flash counter built into the system. This means... Say the dealer has done a couple flashes so far like on the Recall and maybe another TSB, this would have the counter set to a 3 (factory flash+recall flash + TSB flash). You come in because you have a transmission failure or dead miss in cylinder 4, dealer will more than likely be instructed to pull an image and history on ECU and send it in so that engineering can see what may have caused it, BAM! There sits a flash counter showing a count of 6 when they know that it should be set at 3.

That's when they give you that ever so polite quote of $7400 to repair vehicle while you are trying to argue that it is still under warranty.

We have been getting away with it for a long time, unfortunately the Dealer has the upper hand until some 9yo inner city Hacker Prodigy decides he wants to sit down for 45min one night and trick the system that hundreds of college grads have been working on for a few years.

Now if-when-and how often the dealer actually snaps an ECU image and history for diagnostics is a different story. My Dealer that I just stumbled across today told me they will do all they can to keep that from happening as long as I am upfront about tuning on it. The dealer I had yesterday all but threatened to drop my warranty for putting Drop/leveling shackles on the back of my truck

• Like 2

On our 14 Sierra, the biggest gains were inthe throttle response. I felt the factory throttle cal was about the worst offered by GM ever, and after some fine tuning, we were able to make the throttle much more lively, and we offer the end user further adjustment to make the throttle response work to your liking :)

Theres also a solid 20 rwhp/20-25 ft-lbs in the tunes...

Our tunes can't be seen by the dealer either ;)

Mike...

I love your matter-of-factness (pretty sure that's not a word) I tune with one of the two major software platforms available for GM products, have been doing it for right at 10 years and am pretty sure that the dealer could tell using my software. I know you guys put a lot of time and research Into your product and don't doubt your claim but.... let's just say that I purchase from you and install, would you be willing to carry warranty for the rest of the term? (Only If GM dropped me for finding the modification to ECU of course?)

I will start researching what you have to offer while I wait for your response.

Edited by iCryWheniGoPoop
  • Like 2