The "Odometer" Topic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my understanding of previous model vehicles (not just silverados) is that the oil consumption issue didn't start until about the 30,000 mile mark.

ppl have also stated that this is due to the AFM system.

My wife has a 2010 equinox (4 cylinder) and it started "using" oil around the 35-40,000 mark. It obviously does not have the AFM which makes me think that's not the cause.

sorry, I know this is off topic. just rambling. Please, I do not want to be the cause of this thread going off on an oil consumption tangent. Guess I should have started a new one but we were talking mileage so I thought wtheck.

BTW my 2014 has about 2200 miles. Purchased 12-28-13

any of you on the high end of the mileage seeing any hint of oil consumption????????

Now do NOT JINX us I traded in a 2009 5.3 aluminum block oil burner and they BETTER have that chit fixed! So far at 3652 it has not used any oil and believe me I am watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked mine up on Nov.6th, 2013 with a mere 7km on the odometer and as of today has 5325km on it with no real issues except for the moving seat which I believe a bulletin has come out for.. Did an early out of pocket oil change at 2500km and noticed zero oil consumption, love the truck.

• 1 year later...

I would like to bring this thread back and see who has the most miles, and how their K2XX is performing?!

Mine: 2015 5.3 ltz z71. Purchased 4/20/2015. Mileage as of today 1,990.

'15 6.2 Denali

Purchased 01/16/15

Mileage as of today 12,854

No major issues. Minor issue about to be taken care of is for the seat movement.

I'm at ~22,700 miles on my 2014 - purchased December 2013. I'm going to schedule my last free oil change for next month before I take a 10 day trip to Colorado. After that I'll be doing my own oil changes and will monitor oil consumption.

Archived