Capabilities of the 4.2 inch screen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just need to install the camera in the gate, and it should work? Anyone done this with the 4.2?

I'm gonna check my glove box for the UVC code. If it there, it should work.

Never knew you could get the backup camara for the 4.2 inch this got me interested and I came up with this

http://autospatech.com/car-trucks-safety/backup-camera/gm/gm-factory-tailgate-handle-backup-camera.html

The options in the drop down menus make it seem like they already have this figured out, I may have to contact them once I have a little more spare cash

Never knew you could get the backup camara for the 4.2 inch this got me interested and I came up with this

http://autospatech.com/car-trucks-safety/backup-camera/gm/gm-factory-tailgate-handle-backup-camera.html

The options in the drop down menus make it seem like they already have this figured out, I may have to contact them once I have a little more spare cash

I think when they say 2014 they mean the 2500/3500's, they are still using the same setup as the earlier trucks. The 1500's are quite a bit different from the HD's for 2014.

I think when they say 2014 they mean the 2500/3500's, they are still using the same setup as the earlier trucks. The 1500's are quite a bit different from the HD's for 2014.

You could be right but in the second option box they have an option for a mylink/intelilink harness they didn't have that in the 14 HD's did they? Regardless I would definatly contact them before ordering

I can program it to accept the camera, it won't work by simply installing it.

I was gonna add this camera and remote start to my truck. Should I install the camera and order my key fobs so the dealership can program everything at once?

There is a harness for the truck, RP5-GM51, which will allow you to throw in whatever you like. Even with a decked out system, doing the harness and plate swap will bring you in under $1500. I am planning on grabbing one of these soon, wonder if anyone else here has used it.

Is there a write up that explains this further? Or is literally buy this harness, buy the OEM 8 inch and install it?

I assume no cutting is required, just removing or replacing dash parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I've been reading this post for some time now and I am seeing more and more factory 8 inch screens for sale on the internet. The question I have is has anyone switched a 4 inch out for a 8 inch screen without any hmi upgrades? I wanted to get the bigger screen then add the camera later. Thanks

Archived