Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

I seem to remember on the gen 3 trucks this was possible but requiring all window switches to be replaced and possibly some BCM programming from the dealer.

That was to get the power fold option to work though. Something I dont really care about. What im after is the turn signals in the mirrors for my own piece of mind. 5% tint on the back windows doesnt help when trying to change lanes in traffic and i believe the turn signals in the mirrors would at least let people right next to me (in blind spot usually) know what my intentions are..

Anyways thats why now i need to know how. Ive found replacemnets on Amazon (can't seem to post link) that have two plugs in em. I'm guessing it would take some minor modification but wiring the LED's up to the turn signals can't be that difficult right?

What I did on my 2013 GMT900 is locate and purchase one pair of DL3 powerfold/LED turn signal mirrors with heat, drivers side auto dim and puddle lamps. Note that there are two different LED styles in this generation. One for 2007-2008, and the other for 2009-14. I then totally dismantled the donor DL3 mirrors. I then removed my existing DL8 manual fold heated mirrors from my truck. I transferred the mirror glass, lower plastic housing and complete wiring harness from the DL3 mirrors to my original manual fold mirrors. The wiring for the turn signals is already in the door-this is plug and play. The puddle lamps, and auto dim will have to be wired up, unless your truck has the door modules already. So I have my own "hybrid" manual fold, LED turn signal, auto dim mirrors with puddle lamps. I didn't really care for the powerfold function, since my truck was not equipped with door modules, and to get a OEM appearing installation is difficult.

1535507_748577435155346_862754742_n.jpg

1484745_748577451822011_1204579266_n.jpg

Edited by 2013sierrasle

Your tha man. That's exactly what I was looking for. Since you mentioned it auto dim on the drivers side mirror would be a pretty nice addition.. Starting to regret not getting the slt but I HAD to have a center console... I'm an idiot.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also be interested in this mod, if possible. I did it on my 2013 but had to hard wire the power for the folding motors in the mirrors. I had some mirrors that has the puddle lights in them and the plug that is on both the DL8 and DL3 mirrors went from 8 to 9 wires with the puddle lights. The turn signals were plug and play, but had to run hot and ground for the power folding motors. Not the easies of jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm doing a dl8 to dl3 mirror swap on my 2014 silverado and was wondering if anyone knew the part numbers for the driver master door switches with power folding buttons and the passenger side. I can't find these numbers. Thanks in advance.

Now I called the dealer and they gave me part number for just the power folding mirror switch GM #22754411. He said that's how they sell them. Each switch is separate. It's about $50 to $70 for the switch. Looking at the switch it looks like I can put switch in without bezel, fits in same spot. It just adds a middle button. Now, does anyone know if it will need to be programmed for it to work. Thanks

post-128112-0-12322000-1395955181_thumb.png

Edited by Jusplayn
  • Like 1

Now I called the dealer and they gave me part number for just the power folding mirror switch GM #22754411. He said that's how they sell them. Each switch is separate. It's about $50 to $70 for the switch. Looking at the switch it looks like I can put switch in without bezel, fits in same spot. It just adds a middle button. Now, does anyone know if it will need to be programmed for it to work. Thanks

I'd bet $5.00 it'll take some sort of programming, that's IF it can even be done at all (kind of like Sierra SLT LED headlights being 0% compatible with non all terrain SLE'S). I mean it probably CAN be done but not without some non OEM modifications.

Well I tried to install the DL3 mirror, but the signal and puddle dont work. The weird thing is that the wiring is there for power folding on the connecter but doesnt work casue I dont have the switch. Ims gonna get the switch I mentioned above and try it.. Does anyone know if I could just get a door wire harness to get things to work or the wires would be missing from the cab side also? Anybody have the wiring diagrams for the door and cab side where the wires go into the truck? I see that the cabin side connector the door connects to has more wires going into it then what my door conn. has. So it could be possible the wiring is there. If anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

Subscribed....

Ditto: I am also interested in this mod. I think the 2014 mirrors only have 1 plug for both the DL3 and DL8 mirrors. I doubt that just adding the mirrors and the switch that they will work

I know on my 2013 the turn signals were plug and play but I see a post above that says this is not the case for the 2014... Is that correct?