Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

Yes it will fit the factory trim. It is the same shape as the one you have now with three buttons instead.

The reason some people can just add something in this case the switch and others can't has to do with the year and option level installed on the truck in question. It appears that any LTZ truck needs less to make this function and has most of the correct wiring already. The same seems to be the case for most trim levels of the 2015 1/2 model year trucks as well. Mine is a 2014 LT originally and needs the wiring in the doors changed and a cross body harness connecting both with the additional wires. Same with the auto dim function, I need to change the mirror and add three wires from the inside mirror plug to the door jamb plug to make the auto dim function.

I bought the three harnesses already. I figured I would start with the button and fold feature since I think I have the needed power wires. If that works, I will start the harness swap.

• Like 1

I bought the three harnesses already. I figured I would start with the button and fold feature since I think I have the needed power wires. If that works, I will start the harness swap.

I'm in the same boat my friend. I have the mirrors installed for awhile now. I have installed the power fold switch since you do not have to pull the door panel, just the trim. All previous functions work. The power fold now works with the switch installed. No turn signals or puddle lights yet. Also, while I am in there I want to run the three wires with leads from the inside auto dim mirror to the body plug harness in the door so my inside and driver's side auto dim work as well. Not sure if I will need a reflash of the computer or not.

Where do you guys ordered the switch 23154702? Because every GM part site said is on back order and they told me I need the VIN from a truck who came with that switch. Someone has an extra switch?

Many of the sites say that because they have to order it from GM and then ship it out to you. They usually get the part in a few days and then it is shipped out to the customer. Email then and see if they can estimate when you would get it.

On the LT model trucks there is a cross body harness that is needed to replace some of the wires GM did not install originally. It costs more than the door harness but it only has a few wires with no plugs just terminated ends that slip into the existing plugs where the door harness plugs into.

What is this third harness everyone is talking about? I've got the mirrors and matching door harnesses but didn't know anything about a third harness

The third harness is for MY14 and early MY15 trucks. It is a cross body harness that supplies the correct wiring for the turn signal and marker lights for both mirrors. The trucks built in mid MY15 and after included this wiring and only require the extra harness for the doors.

The third harness is for MY14 and early MY15 trucks. It is a cross body harness that supplies the correct wiring for the turn signal and marker lights for both mirrors. The trucks built in mid MY15 and after included this wiring and only require the extra harness for the doors.

That is my impression as well, but I wasn't sure.

Mirrors installed on his truck and new harnesses, signals work. Puddle lamps lights come on constantly and very dim, and drivers mirror will only adjust up/down, nothing else. Pass mirror won't adjust at all. we haven't ordered auto fold switch yet, do you think the switch will correct these issues. Or what's going on here

Mirrors installed on his truck and new harnesses, signals work. Puddle lamps lights come on constantly and very dim, and drivers mirror will only adjust up/down, nothing else. Pass mirror won't adjust at all. we haven't ordered auto fold switch yet, do you think the switch will correct these issues. Or what's going on here

You should be able to adjust both mirrors, even without the new fold switch. Sounds like something isn't connected/wired correctly.

Correct. Even before any additions except the DL3 mirrors, all previous functions should work. I hope you didn't get a set of mirrors with problems. The switch will only add power folding for both mirrors.

Well, I wouldn't think so. Because they worked function wise (everything except the signals/puddle lamps, with the DL8 functions.) so basically the dl3's we Installed and tried them before we swapped harnesses and they functioned like dl8's did. We swapped harnesses and now the signals work, drivers will only adjust one way, pass won't adjust at all, and no power fold (but I didn't think we would have that since we didn't have the correct switch)...so I'm kind of confused here lol

Well, I wouldn't think so. Because they worked function wise (everything except the signals/puddle lamps, with the DL8 functions.) so basically the dl3's we Installed and tried them before we swapped harnesses and they functioned like dl8's did. We swapped harnesses and now the signals work, drivers will only adjust one way, pass won't adjust at all, and no power fold (but I didn't think we would have that since we didn't have the correct switch)...so I'm kind of confused here lol

I wonder if a connector isn't seated correctly.