Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

Has there been any confirmation of wiring issues within the trucks? Been told that some trucks built in Mexico don't contain the same wiring harness as trucks built here in the sates.

• Like 1

So since this was the towing mirrors you added, it's safe to say that the power fold regular mirrors would work to right?

That's my understanding, but I haven't personally tried it. I don't see why it wouldn't work because I know there are people who went from the standard power fold mirror to the power fold tow mirrors with no modifications, so the wires should be the same.

Has there been any confirmation of wiring issues within the trucks? Been told that some trucks built in Mexico don't contain the same wiring harness as trucks built here in the sates.

I don't think it's where it was made, I think it's the model. So far, the 2014 / 2015.5 LT's need the most and are missing wiring. However, you can just add the folding mirror switch and all standard functions from the previous mirrors work plus the power fold. That's the boat I am in. If you have 2014 / 2015.5 LTZ, it seems the wiring is there, but you may need an updated file from GM to make them work (same as the LT's). However, 2015.5 forward seems to have everything but the door harness.

My personal install on a 2014 LT required the mirrors, power fold switch, two door harness, cross body harness (missing wires) and a reflash of the computer from GM to the new mirrors.

I don't think it's where it was made, I think it's the model. So far, the 2014 / 2015.5 LT's need the most and are missing wiring. However, you can just add the folding mirror switch and all standard functions from the previous mirrors work plus the power fold. That's the boat I am in. If you have 2014 / 2015.5 LTZ, it seems the wiring is there, but you may need an updated file from GM to make them work (same as the LT's). However, 2015.5 forward seems to have everything but the door harness.

My personal install on a 2014 LT required the mirrors, power fold switch, two door harness, cross body harness (missing wires) and a reflash of the computer from GM to the new mirrors.

If I understand your statement, the power fold function should work with most trucks, assembled both north and south of the border with the mirrors and switch, but turn function and puddle lights may not. My main concern is power fold function and the turn function and puddle lights are secondary.

If I understand your statement, the power fold function should work with most trucks, assembled both north and south of the border with the mirrors and switch, but turn function and puddle lights may not. My main concern is power fold function and the turn function and puddle lights are secondary.

Since you have a 2014, yes the switch is all you need and your power fold function will work. Don't have to pull the door panel either. Can be done behind the trim piece.

So how do we know south of the border trucks would work? I was going to do this but found out mine was built in Mexico. Can others vouch for it being done on trucks built in Mexico?

Please read post 163 & 164. Power fold option was discussed and was found to work on a 2014 LT with just the switch and power fold mirrors installed. You may not get the signals and puddle lights to work without additional wiring.

I don't know if this is the right forum or not but to all of you who have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT who wants to swap your DL8 to DL3 power fold,blinkers and puddle light good news!!!!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!

I read just about everything on this forums. So here it is. My truck came with the dl8 mirrors so all I did was, buy the control switch part # 23154702 and install it, the only thing that work was the power fold, no blinkers or puddle lights and I didn't change the harness. So then I took it to my dealership and "program" the blinkers and puddles light and it didn't work so that led to believe the wires aren't there for them so I follow another guy from this forum to hardwire the blinkers and puddle light and........ My blinkers and puddle lights work!!!!! I almost cried!!! I took my Silverado to a shop where they install sound systems, stereos and LEDs bars.. And they figured it out with my help of course after I got the BCM diagram and wires coming from my DL3 mirrors... I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them!! Thank you all!!

I don't know if this is the right forum or not but to all of you who have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT who wants to swap your DL8 to DL3 power fold,blinkers and puddle light good news!!!!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!

I read just about everything on this forums. So here it is. My truck came with the dl8 mirrors so all I did was, buy the control switch part # 23154702 and install it, the only thing that work was the power fold, no blinkers or puddle lights and I didn't change the harness. So then I took it to my dealership and "program" the blinkers and puddles light and it didn't work so that led to believe the wires aren't there for them so I follow another guy from this forum to hardwire the blinkers and puddle light and........ My blinkers and puddle lights work!!!!! I almost cried!!! I took my Silverado to a shop where they install sound systems, stereos and LEDs bars.. And they figured it out with my help of course after I got the BCM diagram and wires coming from my DL3 mirrors... I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them!! Thank you all!!

Also thank you schlegle1 for this write up!

• Like 2

Viktorrocks15, :thumbs: you will have many friends on this forum if you can share with us the wiring process that is needed to make the signals and puddle lights to work. As stated I did this mod on a 13 and the functions were all plug and play. The power fold feture is important to me but being able to make all the mirrors capabilities work is our ultimate goal.

Thanks No tyme, unfortunately I wasn't the one that made the wiring process., all I knew was to install the control switch mention in my first thread, I knew that changing the switch was going to enable the power fold but I also read that if I change the harness to enable the blinkers and puddles lights I was going to loose the power fold so I just follow schlegle 1 post, he wrote a very detail diagrams of the wire colors and pictures of the BCM wires you need to tap into, I took that information to my technician and from there he tested all the wires for proper voltages.. I knew I could do it myself but he made it professionally and it looks oem which that was very important to me..

• Like 1

Thanks No tyme, unfortunately I wasn't the one that made the wiring process., all I knew was to install the control switch mention in my first thread, I knew that changing the switch was going to enable the power fold but I also read that if I change the harness to enable the blinkers and puddles lights I was going to loose the power fold so I just follow schlegle 1 post, he wrote a very detail diagrams of the wire colors and pictures of the BCM wires you need to tap into, I took that information to my technician and from there he tested all the wires for proper voltages.. I knew I could do it myself but he made it professionally and it looks oem which that was very important to me..

The post that you speak of by schlegle, was that in this topic? I would like to review it.