Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

I don't have the slightest on the third harness. I just completed this mod today, but I chose to use my original harness that was in my LT. I ran 2 wires, one for turn and one for puddle lights and all are functioning.

I did this upgrade on my 13 but the signals were plug and play: on the 14 everything was different.

It did on my 14 Crew cab. I have read that it has worked for others. 13 and older are different.

My 14 LT had power adjustable heated mirrors, and by adding the DL3 mirrors and switch, part # 23154702 the power fold function worked and the mirrors retained power adjust and heat. I just had to wire the signals and puddle lights.

I ran 2 wires for the power, and I jumped the existing ground at the mirror for the signals. The signals it seems has their own ground so jumping the ground already at the mirror saved me from running a third wire.

• Like 1

I have a 2015 LT2 and installed the driver DL3 mirror to my factory harness and factory switch just to have it in the truck until I get the switch. Surprise> I could not get the mirror to power adjust in and out only up and down. Strange that with nothing changed only a mirror that I have already lost normal function. I tested the mirror prior to install and the functions worked fine. Any ideas? Not sure if I feel like investing into a switch if I can't retain my normal functions without adding more

Edited by rilcoat

I have a 2015 LT2 and installed the driver DL3 mirror to my factory harness and factory switch just to have it in the truck until I get the switch. Surprise> I could not get the mirror to power adjust in and out only up and down. Strange that with nothing changed only a mirror that I have already lost normal function. I tested the mirror prior to install and the functions worked fine. Any ideas? Not sure if I feel like investing into a switch if I can't retain my normal functions without adding more

There is another posting with the same results that you are having. Do you know the switch part #? I believe the correct part # is 23154702.

Check out post 149 by schlegle1

Edited by No Tyme

There is another posting with the same results that you are having. Do you know the switch part #? I believe the correct part # is 23154702.

Check out post 149 by schlegle1

I actually never bought the switch yet. I just tried it out without the new switch to see if it will retained the factory up, down, left and right and it didn't. Are you saying that if I buy the switch my up, down, left, right will work properly?

I actually never bought the switch yet. I just tried it out without the new switch to see if it will retained the factory up, down, left and right and it didn't. Are you saying that if I buy the switch my up, down, left, right will work properly?

Well, again my stock 14 Crew LT had power adjust and heated mirrors only. I installed the DL8 power folding mirrors with turn signals, ran 2 wires for the power for the signal lights and puddle lights, grounded out an additional wire on the mirrors harness and installed the switch part # 23154702 and I have power folding, power adjustable heated signal mirrors now.

I have a very early build of a 14 Crew Cab and with all the research FROM THIS FORUM AND A FEW THREADS THIS IS WHAT I DECIDED TO DO and it worked for me...

Oh, yes I had to make the connections for the signal lights and puddle lights under the dash... That was pretty much the hardest part for me... not much room.

Well, again my stock 14 Crew LT had power adjust and heated mirrors only. I installed the DL8 power folding mirrors with turn signals, ran 2 wires for the power for the signal lights and puddle lights, grounded out an additional wire on the mirrors harness and installed the switch part # 23154702 and I have power folding, power adjustable heated signal mirrors now.

I have a very early build of a 14 Crew Cab and with all the research FROM THIS FORUM AND A FEW THREADS THIS IS WHAT I DECIDED TO DO and it worked for me...

Oh, yes I had to make the connections for the signal lights and puddle lights under the dash... That was pretty much the hardest part for me... not much room.

Okay, well I will go ahead and order the switch. It just didn't make sense that I lost the left, right movement on the dl3 mirror. I figured up, down,left,right and heat would still be there with the old dl8 switch.

Okay, well I will go ahead and order the switch. It just didn't make sense that I lost the left, right movement on the dl3 mirror. I figured up, down,left,right and heat would still be there with the old dl8 switch.

I can only relate to my experience, and point to others in this forum that have tried to do this mod. I read and studied and decided to go with the mirrors and that switch, had a bit or trouble finding one, but was able to buy from a dealer online.

I wasn't going to hook up the signals and puddle lights at the time I started this mod but as I got into it I decided to go all the way. Fishing the wires took time but very do able... tapping into the wires under the dash is a tight fit for this old guy, but I got er' done.

Good luck, ask questions, that what this forum is all about. Helping others...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've got a 14 LT and I added power fold mirrors with turn signals( had just regular power mirrors) and I've only hooked up driver side mirror and new power fold switch but I can only adjust mirrors but power fold not working ?..

Can anyone help

• Like 1