Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

Interesting - do you have the part number of the harnesses you installed?

Did the harnesses have all the pins in the connectors? I suspect the harneses you got were not the right ones as your original ones would have at least worked the power adjustments.

I didn't write down the part numbers for the harnesses before I installed them. I will get them later in the week when I pull the door panels off again. But I do know that all of the pins were used except for 1 so I know the wiring was there for the motor functions. I have an appointment with the dealer in the morning to get them to look at programming the DL3 option into my BCM, however that works.

I figured the mirrors would have at least responded to up/down left/right position switch functions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do the DL3's have auto reverse tilt?

Has anyone got those to work with the upgrade from DL8's?

Thx

I was able to do this successfully on my 2013 ext cab but with my 14 crew, as I am following this thread, it doesn't seem anyone has successfully completed the upgrade using original wiring, or adding a missing wire harness. It seems to me it is something that has to be added to the BCM and so far it seems this is not possible.

On my 13 I tapped into the mirror motors and added a momentary switch on the dash face that worked until I tried to unfold the mirrors in an ice storm... bad move. :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have an update on this? I have a 15 LT and would like to do this. I have the mirrors and harnesses but don't want to spend more money if it isnt going to work.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, have the mirrors and wiring harness but don't want to do it if I can't get the reverse tilt to work

So this is what I can confirm:

- DL3 mirrors will fold, adjust position and retain the heated feature using the original wiring harness from the LT trucks

- The above features work without programming the BCM

- Wires must be added to the original LT harness for the puddle lights and blinkers to work

- LTZ harnesses will enable heated mirrors, puddle lights and blinkers but will prevent folding and position adjustment

- The auto-dimming feature will only work if you have an auto-dimming rearview mirror since signal is given based on that mirrors sensor

- I have been unable to get reverse tilt to work but I have not specifically tried to get that to function

The route I took was to use DL3 mirrors and the original door harnesses that came with my 2015 LT Silverado. I tried LTZ harnesses but as I mentioned above only the lights worked. Once I got both mirrors to fold and adjust using the original harness I figured out what wires needed to be added where for the puddle lights and blinkers to work. It takes 3 wires added to each harness. 1 wire to power the puddle lights, 1 wire to power the blinker, and 1 ground wire for both features. The ground must be grounded out to the harness itself, i.e. where all the other ground wires on the harness meet.

I don't remember which pins/wires are which for the puddles, blinkers and grounds but I can look it up.

Edited by jbreeds09

- DL3 mirrors will fold, adjust position and retain the heated feature using the original wiring harness from the LT trucks

- Wires must be added to the original LT harness for the puddle lights and blinkers to work

- LTZ harnesses will enable heated mirrors, puddle lights and blinkers but will prevent folding and position adjustment

- The auto-dimming feature will only work if you have an auto-dimming rearview mirror since signal is given based on that mirrors sensor

- I have been unable to get reverse tilt to work but I have not specifically tried to get that to function

The route I took was to use DL3 mirrors and the original door harnesses that came with my 2015 LT Silverado. I tried LTZ harnesses but as I mentioned above only the lights worked. Once I got both mirrors to fold and adjust using the original harness I figured out what wires needed to be added where for the puddle lights and blinkers to work. It takes 3 wires added to each harness. 1 wire to power the puddle lights, 1 wire to power the blinker, and 1 ground wire for both features. The ground must be grounded out to the harness itself, i.e. where all the other ground wires on the harness meet.

I don't remember which pins/wires are which for the puddles, blinkers and grounds but I can look it up.

So, was your truck wired with the puddle lights and blinkers to the door and you just had to run a wire to the mirrors? Or did you pull separate wires from the dome light circuit and turn signals? Great information jbreeds09. Thanks!

Nice - I was stuck at the "mirrors fold but no blinkers".

I ended up returning the mirrors but would be willing to buy them again if I can get the turn signals to work.

I don't remember which pins/wires are which for the puddles, blinkers and grounds but I can look it up

I can absolutely confirm that the above post is good information. I accomplished this in August when I first purchased my 2015.5 Lt. EVERYTHING works accept AUTO REVERSE TILT or AUTO FOLD because this would involve memory module. AUTO DIMMING works with correct rearview mirror. POWER FOLD works when button is pressed.I believe the mirror switch that I used was #23154702. GOOGLE and Download the GM UPFITTER BODY BUILDER MANUAL FOR 2015 CHEVROLET SILVERADO/GMC SIERRA ELECTRICAL SECTION PDF file. This will be your most important reference.This reference manual will also list the correct pin removal tool to use so that you will be able to remove the extra wires and pins from a donor harness. Much easier to use a donor harness than to hard wire. Everything will plug right in to the correct pin of your existing harness. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to get everything to work but just study the appropriate pages in the manual. Pg 847 is where the door harness section starts. The auto dim interior mirror has 3 extra wires Page 299.You will have to wire the 3 extra wires of the interior mirror to the X61A Junction Block - Instrument Panel X3 page 282. Pin #8 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal and pin #9 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Low Reference and pin#13 Backup Lamp Supply Voltage. The backup lamp voltage is what turns off the auto dim so you can see at night when backing up. One important note. I am not sure but I believe that the 2015.5 units have the new interior wiring harness.

Edited by JR777
  • Like 1