Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

I can absolutely confirm that the above post is good information. I accomplished this in August when I first purchased my 2015.5 Lt. EVERYTHING works accept AUTO REVERSE TILT or AUTO FOLD because this would involve memory module. AUTO DIMMING works with correct rearview mirror. POWER FOLD works when button is pressed.I believe the mirror switch that I used was #23154702. GOOGLE and Download the GM UPFITTER BODY BUILDER MANUAL FOR 2015 CHEVROLET SILVERADO/GMC SIERRA ELECTRICAL SECTION PDF file. This will be your most important reference.This reference manual will also list the correct pin removal tool to use so that you will be able to remove the extra wires and pins from a donor harness. Much easier to use a donor harness than to hard wire. Everything will plug right in to the correct pin of your existing harness. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to get everything to work but just study the appropriate pages in the manual. Pg 847 is where the door harness section starts. The auto dim interior mirror has 3 extra wires Page 299.You will have to wire the 3 extra wires of the interior mirror to the X61A Junction Block - Instrument Panel X3 page 282. Pin #8 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal and pin #9 Automatic Day/Night Mirror Low Reference and pin#13 Backup Lamp Supply Voltage. The backup lamp voltage is what turns off the auto dim so you can see at night when backing up. One important note. I am not sure but I believe that the 2015.5 units have the new interior wiring harness.

I bought 2015 Silverado LT builds after sep. do you think my truck will have the new interior harness?

Edited by Dnidez

From what I have read any build after August 2014 is considered 2015.5. Google 2015.5 Silverado and you can read up on that. My truck was built May 2015.

Edited by JR777

• 3 weeks later...

in the process of installing DL3's on my buddies truck. he purchased a set of mirrors/harnesses. we swapped harnesses out in both doors and this is what we found.

-signals in mirrors work

-puddle lamps do not work as they should, we noticed that the led puddle lamps are on CONSTANTLY but very very dim. Had to hold hand under light and look very very closely to see this

-mirrors no longer power adjust like they used to, the drivers mirror will power adjust up/down but not left/right and passenger mirror will not adjust at all

-auto fold does not work (have yet to buy new switch trying to figure out correct one to order)

could someone help us out here as too what we need to do to make puddle lamps work correctly, power adjust to work again, and what switch we need to order

Vehicle is a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT crew

What is the difference between 23154700 and 23154706? I mean I see the first one is a like rotating switch to select which mirror you're wanting to use. And the other one has a push button/selector light for each selection. But other than that why the two different types?

What is the difference between 23154700 and 23154706? I mean I see the first one is a like rotating switch to select which mirror you're wanting to use. And the other one has a push button/selector light for each selection. But other than that why the two different types?

I am unsure what the differences are in the part numbers you have provided. I do know that on a 2014 LT based truck, I added the DL3 mirrors and the switch I mention was all I used to actuate the power fold function on the mirrors.

• Like 1

I am unsure what the differences are in the part numbers you have provided. I do know that on a 2014 LT based truck, I added the DL3 mirrors and the switch I mention was all I used to actuate the power fold function on the mirrors.

ok, reason i ask is i read in one of the searches that i did that they used mirror switch 23154706...

What about auto-dim? Did anybody get that to work without hacking into the standard harnesses?

The LT trucks and below are missing 2-3 wires going from the inside mirror to the BCM/outer mirror. You must have the auto dim inside mirror. This controls the auto dim functions on the outside driver's mirror.

I know most of the people in this thread are using the DL3 folding mirrors, but I am attempting to install the power fold tow mirrors and ended up ordering the wrong switch. I have a 2014 Silverado LT with DL8 power adjust mirrors. I ordered the OEM power fold mirrors and the 23154705 switch that was recommended in another thread.

Unfortunately, the switch was keyed slightly differently. Like someone else did, I made it fit and ended up blowing a fuse. I am planning to order the 23154702 switch, but was wondering if someone has a picture of it. I am trying to determine what it looks like and if it will fit in the stock plastic trim like the other switch I purchased.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by ngiovas
  • Like 2

I know most of the people in this thread are using the DL3 folding mirrors, but I am attempting to install the power fold tow mirrors and ended up ordering the wrong switch. I have a 2014 Silverado LT with DL8 power adjust mirrors. I ordered the OEM power fold mirrors and the 23154705 switch that was recommended in another thread.

Unfortunately, the switch was keyed slightly differently. Like someone else did, I made it fit and ended up blowing a fuse. I am planning to order the 23154702 switch, but was wondering if someone has a picture of it. I am trying to determine what it looks like and if it will fit in the stock plastic trim like the other switch I purchased.

Thanks,

Nick

Yes it will fit the factory trim. It is the same shape as the one you have now with three buttons instead.

The reason some people can just add something in this case the switch and others can't has to do with the year and option level installed on the truck in question. It appears that any LTZ truck needs less to make this function and has most of the correct wiring already. The same seems to be the case for most trim levels of the 2015 1/2 model year trucks as well. Mine is a 2014 LT originally and needs the wiring in the doors changed and a cross body harness connecting both with the additional wires. Same with the auto dim function, I need to change the mirror and add three wires from the inside mirror plug to the door jamb plug to make the auto dim function.