Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

I'll try installing passenger mirror and see if that makes a difference today

I just finished this mod and I have the same as you LT model with dl8 mirrors upgraded to dl3 mirrors with the new switch for power fold.

I installed everything and at the end my fold worked on left but no mirror movement. The right worked fine. I took apart the door and moved around the connector and realized the contacts were not making a perfect connection so all I needed to do was just wrap some electrical tape around the connector to keep it tight and perfect mirror no works on the left side also.

Not saying that's your issue but it can happen. just open the door and jiggle the connector to see if it works.

Gotta still run my signal lights. forgot which wires they are. gonna look it up in the forum

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone made the DL3 mirror change on a 2016 LT? According to the dealer, you no longer need to change the harness. Based on that, I removed my drivers side door panel and found the 23342724 harness. This is the same harness I have seen for sale with the DL8 mirrors on eBay. I'm guessing the dealer may be confused.

I just finished this mod and I have the same as you LT model with dl8 mirrors upgraded to dl3 mirrors with the new switch for power fold.

I installed everything and at the end my fold worked on left but no mirror movement. The right worked fine. I took apart the door and moved around the connector and realized the contacts were not making a perfect connection so all I needed to do was just wrap some electrical tape around the connector to keep it tight and perfect mirror no works on the left side also.

Not saying that's your issue but it can happen. just open the door and jiggle the connector to see if it works.

Gotta still run my signal lights. forgot which wires they are. gonna look it up in the forum

Can you post the part number to help me out looking at doing this as well.

wildhunter, on 11 May 2016 - 5:08 PM, said:

Can you post the part number to help me out looking at doing this as well.

All I had to use was power mirror switch. part number 23154702. This gives me power folding mirrors and normal mirror movement and heat. I had to run one wire from each mirror to get my mirrors signal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my upgrade to the DL3 power fold mirrors. This forum and the upfitter's manual were a huge help! All original features plus the power fold, blinkers and puddle lights work perfect. No factory wires spliced, tapped or cut into. I have a 2015 LT, dbl cab, z71. Keep in mind that this write up applies to my 2015 truck. The 2 circuits needed on each side were already in place to my door connector, just not in my door harnesses. This may not be the case for all models/years.

Here is a quick overview of my upgrade.

1.Purchased dl3 mirrors with wire harnesses from a forum member for $300 shipped. Thanks Gordon.

2. Purchased switch gm pn 23154702. from gmpartsheadquarters.com.

3.Cannibalized one of the spare harnesses & removed 4 wires with terminals complete plus 2 short wires for the ground jumper on mirror connector #510/610. A bit of a job, but well worth it in order to eliminate the need to splice into any of the factory wiring on the truck.

4. Removed door panels and upper window trim panel. Highly recommend watching some of the youtube videos on this procedure. Get a set of the plastic body panel tools. They are inexpensive and very helpful.

5. Fished 2 wires with terminals (from spare harness) through from door connector X500/X600 to mirror connect X510/X610. Unlocked connector locks , inserted pin terminals into each connector , closed connect locks. One wire is for puddle lamp supply (circuit5996), other is for turn signal (circuit1314/1315). Wire tie and tape wrap neatly to factory harness. This is the most time consuming, just be patient and take your time.

6. Put short ground jumper into X510/X610 mirror connector pin 5 location and jump to ground circuit 1150/1250 pin 11. This is ground for puddle lamp.

7. Install mirrors, my torque setting was 5.5 ft lbs. Install door and trim panels. That's it.

One observation that I did not see mentioned in this topic...The puddle lights are tied to the day/night sensor and only get bright at night when the unlock button is pushed on key fob, then they are nice and bright. Don't panic if they don't seem to work in the daylight. If anyone would like more detail or pictures just let me know.

• Like 2

I already installed my dl3 mirrors on my sierra 2016 I ran cable to make the blinkers and puddle lights work, but when I connected the power fold switch # 23488411, it blows a fuse, I didnt change any harness , so you guys know whats my problem?

From what I gather, we seem to be having much better luck with the GM p# 23154702. That is the one I use. I also ran 2 additional wires for turn and puddle light power, but had to add a ground for the turn signals (one or the other) to make them work. Did that in the actual mirror wiring.

My first guess is the switch but blowing a fuse is a first listed in this thread... I would also take time and confirm the wiring.

I want to add some additional information to clarify this grounding step. On my mirrors, I have 1 black/white wire and 2 black wires. They all seem to be the same size wire, but the 2 wires that you want to join to add a ground for the turn signals are the black/white wire in pin # 5 and the black wire in pin # 11. The black wire in pin # 8 is the mirror Heating Element Supply Voltage.

This came be verifies in the GM up fitters manual found here:

https://www.gmupfitt..._2015_en_US.pdf

Thank you BeauTie for the link...

More info in post #188.

Edited by No Tyme
  • Like 1

But do I have to change my harness?? My truck is single cab

I didn't. I have a 14 CC 2014 LT model. I just added the mirrors and switch and ran 2 wires...

Just completed my upgrade to the DL3 power fold mirrors. This forum and the upfitter's manual were a huge help! All original features plus the power fold, blinkers and puddle lights work perfect. No factory wires spliced, tapped or cut into. I have a 2015 LT, dbl cab, z71. Keep in mind that this write up applies to my 2015 truck. The 2 circuits needed on each side were already in place to my door connector, just not in my door harnesses. This may not be the case for all models/years.

So do the auto-dim and reverse-tilt work too?

The auto dim only works if the auto dim rearview mirror and additional wiring are installed. I did not do that..not important to me as I rarely drive the truck at night. As for auto tilt, no, I think you would need the memory control module and software programming to make it work in Lt models.

The auto dim only works if the auto dim rearview mirror and additional wiring are installed. I did not do that..not important to me as I rarely drive the truck at night. As for auto tilt, no, I think you would need the memory control module and software programming to make it work in Lt models.

Correct on both counts which is what I am hoping to do. That's why I asked how you made out before I start tapping into factory wires. Thanks!

Here is a quick overview of my upgrade.

1.Purchased dl3 mirrors with wire harnesses from a forum member for $300 shipped. Thanks Gordon.

2. Purchased switch gm pn 23154702. from gmpartsheadquarters.com.

3.Cannibalized one of the spare harnesses & removed 4 wires with terminals complete plus 2 short wires for the ground jumper on mirror connector #510/610. A bit of a job, but well worth it in order to eliminate the need to splice into any of the factory wiring on the truck.

4. Removed door panels and upper window trim panel. Highly recommend watching some of the youtube videos on this procedure. Get a set of the plastic body panel tools. They are inexpensive and very helpful.

5. Fished 2 wires with terminals (from spare harness) through from door connector X500/X600 to mirror connect X510/X610. Unlocked connector locks , inserted pin terminals into each connector , closed connect locks. One wire is for puddle lamp supply (circuit5996), other is for turn signal (circuit1314/1315). Wire tie and tape wrap neatly to factory harness. This is the most time consuming, just be patient and take your time.

6. Put short ground jumper into X510/X610 mirror connector pin 5 location and jump to ground circuit 1150/1250 pin 11. This is ground for puddle lamp.

7. Install mirrors, my torque setting was 5.5 ft lbs. Install door and trim panels. That's it.

One observation that I did not see mentioned in this topic...The puddle lights are tied to the day/night sensor and only get bright at night when the unlock button is pushed on key fob, then they are nice and bright. Don't panic if they don't seem to work in the daylight. If anyone would like more detail or pictures just let me know.

Where did you find what the connectors look like and what their pin numbers are? Also did you have to run two wires through both doors from mirrors directly to under dash modules?