Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

So I have a 14 sierra slt allterain with signals heat power fold and power adjust.

So if I buy aftermarket towing mirrors with same options minus the power fold I can't just simply plug them in and expect them to work like a factory mirror? Not gonna buy if its not that simple thanks for any info provided

So I have a 14 sierra slt allterain with signals heat power fold and power adjust.

So if I buy aftermarket towing mirrors with same options minus the power fold I can't just simply plug them in and expect them to work like a factory mirror? Not gonna buy if its not that simple thanks for any info provided

In order to answer this question, I'll need some help from you. From my findings working with other 2014 members here, the pins needed for the Courtesy (Cargo) Lamp and Park (Running) Lamp to work are NOT present in the inline door connector (door hinge) body side connector. So while I can make you a harness for this work, you might not have the pins on the body side that make the connection under the dash/hood. I'll need a picture of the connector removed from the door and a photo of the connector on the body side.

So even if my truck has allterain package and tow package aftermarket tow mirrors won't work via just plug and play? Even if both sets of mirrors have same features? If not what is cause of this?

So even if my truck has allterain package and tow package aftermarket tow mirrors won't work via just plug and play? Even if both sets of mirrors have same features? If not what is cause of this?

The pins for DL3 Mirrors (small mirror with powerfold, turn signals, heated, power adjust, puddle lamps, and auto dim driver side, will be pinned slightly different that towing mirrors.

Towing mirrors do not have auto dim and puddle lamps, so the slots normally used for these are shared slots with DL3.

For example, Pin #1 on a DL3 is used for Puddle Lamps. On a Towing Mirror, Pin #1 is used for the Amber Park Lamp. Each wire then goes to a DIFFERENT slot in the door connector. On a DL3, Pin #2 is used for the Auto Dim circuit. On a Towing Mirror, Pin #2 is for the Courtesy (cargo) lamp circuit and each wire then goes to a DIFFERENT slot in the door connector.

There are harnesses made by GM that are "plug and play" but it involved replacing the harnesses. In addition, for 2014, if your truck didn't come with towing mirrors, most likely, the corresponding pins you need are most likely missing.

GM changed this on some 2015, 2015.5, 2016 and 2017. These missing pins are there now on the body side.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Ok got it I really wanna swap but don't wanna get crazy does the additional harness make it plug and play?

Need to see the door connector.

d8c8e42a3eb0b939d91b0ecc5abd9723.jpg

If these two pins are missing, it won't be Plug and Play.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2016 CHEVY Silverado 2500HD Double Cab, LT 6.0 gas flex with MANUAL FOLD TOW mirrors and would like to upgrade to POWERFOLD TOW mirrors. My truck was built in May 2016 and purchased in Chicago, Illinoise. Has anyone did this upgrade? From reading this form it seems that Phil Gamboa is the resided expert for the North American Continent and maybe this question will be addressed by him. It seems that with my truck, all that I need to do is to install the mirrors, mirror switch and modified harnesses and that flashing by the dealer is not necessary unless I want the FOB Key POWERFOLD to work. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks, LA82

• Like 1

I have a 2016 CHEVY Silverado 2500HD Double Cab, LT 6.0 gas flex with MANUAL FOLD TOW mirrors and would like to upgrade to POWERFOLD TOW mirrors. My truck was built in May 2016 and purchased in Chicago, Illinoise. Has anyone did this upgrade? From reading this form it seems that Phil Gamboa is the resided expert for the North American Continent and maybe this question will be addressed by him. It seems that with my truck, all that I need to do is to install the mirrors, mirror switch and modified harnesses and that flashing by the dealer is not necessary unless I want the FOB Key POWERFOLD to work. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks, LA82

You got it. For some earlier 2015 HD trucks, there might be some additional wiring but you should be ok with your truck. Now, you say that you already have manual folding tow mirrors so I presume you already have the lighting portion working correctly right? Turn Signal, Cargo Lamp and Park Lamps operational?

If so, all you would need if the above is true is the Power Fold Switch. The part # has been Part # 23154702.

Looks like this:

c992b57d813fa18612597723662318dd.jpg

There are two flavors for this switch and variation seems to occur with the HD trucks and the harnesses behind the door panel itself.

If you can remove the bezel (no need to remove the entire door panel), and take a picture of the connector of your current mirror adjust switch, I can guide you in the right direction.

If you have the above lighting working, no need for additional harnesses, you'll just need the Poore folding switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

So this connector that goes to the switch in the door panel can be viewed without removing the door panel. Does this require special tools? Also, what is needed to make the FOB Key fold/unfold the mirrors? Will I need a flash from a Chevrolet dealer? And, do you have a way to purchase the mirrors and switch without a long wait to have them shipped? LA82

• Like 1

So this connector that goes to the switch in the door panel can be viewed without removing the door panel. Does this require special tools? Also, what is needed to make the FOB Key fold/unfold the mirrors? Will I need a flash from a Chevrolet dealer? And, do you have a way to purchase the mirrors and switch without a long wait to have them shipped? LA82

Take a look at this video. At the 0:45 mark, he explains how to remove the bezel. You can omit everything else for the purposes of the switch swap. Fondupot is a member on here.

https://youtu.be/CxcelC65Xxk

Only tools needed are 7mm for the door panel removal, plastic trim bezel removal tools are helpful but not needed.

As for the purchase of the switch and mirrors, you'd have to source those... I only build the custom harnesses out of my home.

As for the BCM Flash for to get the mirrors to fold with a FOB, you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer that would do it. That feature is part of the LTZ/SLT/HC/Denali profile and is a custom BCM Flash. GTPrix performs custom BCM Flashes.

I have achieved the mirror fold with FOB by using an after market mirror fold module.

Here's my How-To Thread on that. Very very specific and custom application.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/196138-2016-silverado-lt-fold-your-dl3-mirrors-with-your-fob-like-an-ltz/

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa

Thanks for the information and advice. I'll take a look at the switch next weekend when I get back and will update with a view of the connector. In the mean time I'll try to get the mirrors and switch. This will really help in parking my truck in this narrow carport. Thanks again, LA82

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a 2015 1500 2WT. I wanted to install the towing mirrors but the only thing stopping me is that I live in a condo building and park in the garage. the entrance of the garage is just enough (save a few inches) for me to get in with the basic stock mirrors. I would love the towing mirrors but with the folding feature. I'm hoping this is possible and what would I need.... Thanks.

P.S. I would need everything, that meaning the turn signal lights, wires, etc etc.

SIDE  SELFIE

Edited by MiamiSilverado1500
  • Like 1