Power Folding Mirror Upgrade

The service guy I talked to said it is possible for my truck but would be unrealistic due to cost.Kind of a lame answer if you ask me.I have an sle with power adjust and heated.

Has anyone done the swap successfully.I dont care about puddle light.Can live with or without signal.Really want power fold for getting in and out of small garage. Any advice ? thanks in advance,Tony

The last person I talked to said after wiring harnesses, RH and LH Door switches, Mirrors and GM Programming you'll be looking at $1,000.00 - $2,000.00 Depending on if you get the mirrors and door switches USED or NEW.

IMO it's not worth it and you can buy the mirrors used and wire them using a switch that can be mounted on the panel next to the light switch. Say you find some mirrors for 300.00 the parts are about $50.00 and your time to do it.

I forgot to add that if you buy used switches you would need the VIN# from the donor truck so they can program them to your VIN#. Yeah, Sucks.

My 2013 Has every option except power fold. Heated/cooled leather backup sensors and so on. Why they couldn't just ad this I have no clue.

Diagram half way down.....

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/110404-dl3-mirros-in-a-gmt900-truetruck/

Edited by 1baddad

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I bought a pair of compete front door panels off a totaled 2014 SLT that had the power fold mirrors. I got the switch plates, wiring harness, etc. The mirrors were toast - wicked rollover. But I got one of them anyways that seemed to be intact except for the outer housing and the mirror. I'm going to experiment with the different harnesses and see what I can find. I want to make this work correctly before I pop for the mirrors. They're a bit spendy. These parts I got dirt cheap.

I'll post pictures and part numbers as I go along. I read on the other silveradosierra forum that if you swap a complete set of switches that have been previously programmed, this should work. One guy did the exact swap I'm doing and said it works perfect.

We'll see...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any updates to this? I have a early build 2015 LT 2500HD that has DL8 mirrors that I would like to swap to power folding mirrors (probably the tow mirrors) but the premise should be the same. Can someone tell me what is required? Is programming really required to make the power fold work? Do I need additional harnesses? I know I need the switch. I don't care if the puddle lights work or not, im not interested in that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. New to this site. I recently purchased power fold mirrors (turn signal/puddle lights) for my 2014 silverado LT. Looking at the harness on the mirrors compared to the connection on the door, there are a few wires missing. None of the lights plug and play on LT silverado. All the extra wires the original mirrors didnt use must be for power fold. I have a switch coming in the mail. My dealer said within an hour, they could program BCM to look for power fold option, and tell me what I can do with and without adding wires. I will update after switch comes in to say what works and does not for those wondering. If programming cannot be done, I will hard wire everything myself for best oem look. I'll be BACK.

You're not an idiot. I couldn't find the exact truck I wanted, so I bought the closest thing, and have added options to it to make it the way I want it. If you have any more questions regarding the swap, I'll be glad to assist.

I agree originally I wanted a cc but got a DC 2014 and they ran out of 2014 CC. Plus it was the only one that had 8k rebate and I needed the space for family since single cab wasn't really working out.

Okay guys I've been out for a while but let me shed some light on this for you.

On the 2007-2013 and 2500 2014 the DL3 Mirrors are plug and play for the turn signal.

If you want power fold you will need driver and passenger side controls, wiring harnesses and BCM programing. avg. cost 1,000-1400.

You can mod it with a switch placed somewhere and wire it in direct to make them fold. Only the power fold will work. If you have puddle lights they will need separate wiring also. I do not know what, where or how to do that.

On the 2014? I am not 100% sure but I think you'll need the same thing to get power fold. Swapping out the DOOR SWITCH will require a different harness. IDK for sure but GM normally doesn't like giving crap away. LOL

If you go to the main mirror topic (yes the super long one) it has all the info based on trims years etc. from those of us who have already installed. I posted several threads specific to my 14 LTZ. I have all functions working. No BCM programming needed or available that I'm aware of. My LTZ max tow came with black camper mirrors stock. They were pnp in the sense that plugs match up between the harness' with the exception of the puddle lights and ambers. In my case I needed both door switches to enable the power fold. All the wiring was already there. From there you have to tap power for the ambers as running lights and run 2 new wires for the white led to work with cargo switch.

^^^^^^^^ And that main thread is located where?

Yours was PNP because it was an LTZ. Anything below LTZ will have to have the correct harness, door switches and BCM flashed.

Please trust me on this as I've performed over a years worth of research and talked to over 15 dealers and mechanics

I've had my door panels off of my truck several times and I know the wiring harness is now there on the LT, LS or W/T models.